Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Suggestions & Improvements > Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site

Old March 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Pets keeps disappearing

Is anyone else having issues getting on Pets lately? Or when you go to refresh the page it says Pets.ca is not available....... May have moved...... yadda yadda yadda............. This has been happening to me about every 2nd time I've tried to refresh. Not as often when I try to open. It's very very frustrating. Almost makes you want to not try any more. FYI - the other sites I have open do not have this issue. Only Pets. Server issue?
I use Google Chrome mostly and occasionally IE and FF. Those, I believe are the up to date ones so I don't think they are the issue.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,the only issue I have,I still have to log on almost every time I want to reply to someone..
Oh,and you scared me there for a minute,I thought the kitties were disappearing..LOL
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,the only issue I have,I still have to log on almost every time I want to reply to someone..

That sucks chico. Wonder if it's a server issue? Can't remember having either of those particular problems with the old server. But probably did. Very strange. Would be wonderful not to have those problems keep happening. I'm really sorry. I thought your problem had been rectified.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,it's really not a big deal,it just makes me feel like a newbieI am still on Fire Fox,should probably change it.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
14+,it's really not a big deal,it just makes me feel like a newbieI am still on Fire Fox,should probably change it.
Google Chrome my friend, Google Chrome

Old March 14th, 2011, 04:45 PM
-

I'm not having that problem 14k....like Chico I have to log in whereas before I never did
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

well mf i'm not having the issue either of you two wonderful ladies are,,,i am having an issue where the forum just freezes for a couple of minutes.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Oh,and you scared me there for a minute,I thought the kitties were disappearing..LOL
No mf, not at all. At this time of the year I could bring 5 or 6 new ones home every single day. That's about how often I'm asked if I "want" more cats.
But that's off topic....................

Old March 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
well mf i'm not having the issue either of you two wonderful ladies are,,,i am having an issue where the forum just freezes for a couple of minutes.
Hey don't I count as a wonderful lady
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Hey don't I count as a wonderful lady
no Chris you are a marvelous woman a true inspiration....
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
chronically insane.

My internet here is TERRIBLE so I'm not of much help because I loose connection to sites all the time- BUT the only thing that does bug me on here is I ALWAYS have to re-login allllll the time. I'm a member of several reptile & exotics forum that have the same setup as pets and none of those ever give me that issue

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Very strange. I don't think I've had that problem but maybe with the frequency the other one happens I've forgotten about the freeze.

Old March 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM
-

Quote:
no Chris you are a marvelous woman a true inspiration....
Merci

I get the freeze on pets and hotmail.

14k......I, like Chico thought you meant real pets

Last edited by Chris21711; March 14th, 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks Kathryn. Must have something to do with the server for the log in.

Old March 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
banned user

I have to log back in all the times.....freezing nope...Aslan maybe it's a cold shoulder?
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1011 View Post
I have to log back in all the times.....freezing nope...Aslan maybe it's a cold shoulder?

Ohhh, shouldn't be laughing when we all seem to be having different problems. So strange. Sooo, what's happening?

Old March 15th, 2011, 08:32 AM
150% PRO S/N

Sooo-- no answers? It happened again this morning two or three times. This is a brand new computer and, as I said yesterday, it only happens on Pets. It also happened on my old computer. It was one of the reasons I got a new comp. I thought maybe it was my comp. I don't know...... don't think my service provider has an issue with Pets so it must be the server on the other end.

Old March 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I get that sometimes too and only on pets.ca. The last time it happened was just this past weekend.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

Ok, this is getting more than annoying. I have to click on a thread about three times in order for it to finally open. That's after I've gone back and refreshed the page.
Wish someone would give me some answers!

Old March 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Not exactly sure what to say 14+..

Normally when there's a global problem (like the site being down) we all feel it at the same time.

I can tell you that recently I've been having issues with my ISP and when I connect to Pets or any other site I get an error message...but that's due to the ISP not Pets.ca server. Just a thought.

I'm going to move this to troubleshooting subforum. Please add to it as necessary and i'll keep an eye out.

thx!
marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM

14K you can try this site http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Just paste the url that isnt working into the box .
Works good for me.