Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 6th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Here we go again~~~~~

Well we spent Friday night at the Emergency Pet clinic & over $800.00 later, we have blood work that shows nothing, an xray that shows nothing & Sira is now on Penicilian & Tramadol once again until we can see our Vet Monday.
She doesnt want to eat her raw food -which never happens, & she ate breakfast of chicken & rice, but wouldnt eat dinner. So its been suggested by the Emergency Vet that we get an ultra sound for her to see deeper what an xray cant detect. So the "Spunky Sira" has left the building & we are now back to square one. So here we go again!
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What were her symptoms, Polar Bear? Do you think this is related to the hip problem?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Hi Hazelpack.....she was great all day, had her meal, I gave her the Zeel homeopathic pain pill & then I went outside & when I came in 1/2 hr later, she was breathing fast & loud & she was shaking fiercely. It scared us so we went right away. When we were there, a lady came in with a dashhound & said it was stung by a bee. Sira was earlier too, but that happens with her all the time, cause she goes after them. So we just dont know???? And today: she ate, but she has a constant shake to herself, something like parkinsons. So we will be off to our vet tomorrow & hopefully she can make heads of tales of it! So frustrating....
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope they can figure out what's going on quickly. Sounds pretty scary Glad she's at least eating today!

for Sira

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Live well, laugh often

Just wanted to send some good vibes your way for Sira .
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Thanks Teri & Hazel.....we need some good vibes...will post when I know more. Have A Great Day everyone!
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

I hope Sira is better today and that you get some answers. Could she have had a reaction to the meds?
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Hey Polar Bear,

So glad you found workable solutions for your poochie.

I just wanted to jump in, because I just rescued a 3 year old doggy and found out he had HD... My vet was really not very helpful, I had to muddle my way through the internet to find treatment options. I have been doing the GSM supplements as well, but what I found was a human chiropractor who also treats dogs and horses. My pup has gone for going on two months and it is really making a difference. He goes for adjustments every two weeks now and we are working up to monthly. Might be too far for you, but therre might be one nearer to you , anyways, it's Dr. Fleet in downtown Oakville. I highly recommend him. If you or anyone goes, tell him that Dewey sent you!

Cheers...
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Polar Bear,

i just read the rest of the thread.... I missed the part where Sira was not doing so well... Best of luck to Sira. keep us posted.
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Thanks Dewey.....I have made a note about this Chiro. We are presently going to Water Therapy were she has laser treatment as well. And there is a doctor there that does Chiro work too. But .....we are always trying new stuff....so I have saved this info. Thank you.