Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old August 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM

My drama queen dog

Tonight I was in my bedroom on my laptop computer. Well I decided to take a break and let Candi out. She was sleeping in her bed on the floor. Well when she gets in bed I cover her with a blanket over her head and all (that is how she likes it and yes she is very spoiled). So I get up and stand by the door and call her, at first I don't get a response. So I call her again and it was like she didn't hear me the first time or something because all the sudden she comes flying out from under the blanket.

Well I had my laptop laying ontop of the bed and it was on AC power so the cord was hanging off the bed and connected to the socket next to Candi's bed. Apparently because of the blanket she didn't see the cord and her front paws went over fine but her back legs didn't and it was caught around her stomach. Well she started doing the signature Iggy death scream (this increadibly high pitched squeal that sounds like the dog is dying, on my IG board everyone knows this scream).

So I go running over thinking she broke a leg or something. By this time she had tangled her self up and pulled the cord out of the back of the computer. I grab her just as she gets free and start checking her all over for injuries. I couldn't see anything so I put her down to see if she can walk allright. Well she goes prancing over to the door like nothing happend. I almost had a heart attack thinking she broke something and was in unbearable awful pain, and she was just afraid of the cord touching her belly . And this isn't the first time she's ever flipped out like that. Once she did it because she was mad that I was petting BJ and she was outside, so she did the death scream because she knew I would come running. What a silly puppy!

Anybody else have any drama queen :queen: (or king :king: ) stories about their pets?

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:00 PM

That's hilarious (meanwhile, your neighbor Prin is calling the cops for animal abuse... )...

Jemma is my drama queen. She gets me in trouble... She limps when she is unhappy. It's crazy. Everybody thinks I neglect her because I don't take her seriously and then they see her change paws...

She also gets fake, REALLY itchy ear infections when she wants attention.
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM

Now that is funny. I could just see someone coming up to and saying "you better get that dog to the vet, she's limping" you tell them she's fakeing and they look at you like your nuts.

We had a dobie once that would limp if he didn't think he was getting enough attention. and of course it always happened around company, he would limp over to them and then lean on them like he couldn't support his own weight .

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:23 PM

LOL I can just picture that. 90 lbs of whiney dobie! So funny. It's amazing how many people care though. They really think I'm horrible for not running to the vet... I know my doggy.
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM

I know, sometimes I think that maybe the world isn't such a horrible place. Though you wouldn't know it by watching the news. Right now there is a serial killer lose killing people about 30 mins from my house. Kinda scary. Did I say kinda, I mean really scary.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:28 PM

Well, if he startles your little doggy, maybe the death scream will scare him away!
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Well, if he startles your little doggy, maybe the death scream will scare him away!
lol. It might it could be heard for miles.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat