Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old October 12th, 2001, 04:17 PM

Cat's Sleeping Clock - Answered by N. Kitching

We rescued an older cat from a shelter, and lately he is waking through the night on 2 hour intervals and cries for attention. He usually wants company while he has something to eat/drink and then generally comes back to bed. Needless to say, this is becoming ver draining and I don't know how to change his body clock. He's a real talker and this is compounding the problem. We've had him checked by the vet; physically, he's OK.
Help - anyone??
Old December 10th, 2001, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Hi,

Your cat has spent it's life looking for love and now it's finally found it in you. You probably gave it lots of love and it doesn't want it to end (in it's own mind, it could). One thing you might try is to put the food beside your bed. Then try petting it to a lesser degree. This will probably all stop eventually. Ignoring your cat will make it accelerate.

I have two kitties who would like to be petted all day and night. I pet them and slowly stop and do something else. At first, they will try you to the limit but eventually they go away, knowing that my love is always there.

If none of this works, you may have to put it in another room at night and in the morning -- really praise and love it. If you're giving it any kind of treats all this could be a reward.

Obviously you love this kitty or you wouldn't be asking for help. Some cats aren't at all affectionate and have to be taught, so in a way your are very fortunate.

© Nancy Kitching 2001

Nancy Kitching
Dog Trainer Member of CAPPT, CKC, OKC (Ottawa Kennel Club),
and Bytown Obedience Club in Ottawa.
156 Fairhaven
Hudson, Quebec J0P 1H0

Tel: 450-458-3165
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:00 AM

Cat mewing all night long and bitting

Hi there,
My Totolino cat started to mew all night long; and from time to time he starts biting me agresively; I believe that he thinks this is playing but after he had bitten my nose, and I was bleeding a lot, it's not fun anymore. Totolino used to sleep by my side in the same bed, like an angel. Now since the bitting started, he got outside of the bedroom, because I am afraid of his unpredictable bitting reactions, and all night long he is bouncing the bedroom door, and mewing non stop. Even if I open the door eventually he will get in the room and continue to meaw.
Don't know what should I do with him. I love him so much, he was behaving so nice, sleeping like an adult on by my side in the bed, and now he is mewing non stop.
Please advise me if you have any ideea what should I do. I do love my Totolino, and I want him to be happy.
thanks,
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
<-----nut ball

I would take him to the vet to make sure nothing medical is wrong with him (he could be in pain and that's why he is biting/mewing). IF the vet can't find anything, then come back here and let us know.
Old June 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM

my cat sleeps on me

hi

my cat sleeps on me every night and not on my feet she sleeps on my cheats right next to my head and she wakes up at 4am everyday and wakes me up too, thn she clumps all over me and it so to go back to sleep, is there a way i can stop her doing this or a way i can get her to sleep longer, i love her so much but its started to get to me and now its hard cause she is now pregnant and wants to be with me all the time and sleeps on me ever more now its everytime i lie down plx help