Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 12th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Owned by Saints

2 Cats found Waterford Ontario looking for their owners or new homes.

I still have 'Charlie' Black kitty with white on belly/neck. Found about approximately the first week of October. He's much chubbier now.

Also the new addition which I've now befriended. Amazing what food will do. No name yet, but I've been calling him "Mouthy" since he's a talker. He's grey striped with white. He also has some orange on his legs and neck and a patch of orange under his chin.

Not sure on age.. but they are both un-neutered males and are not declawed. They also both HATE each other. Go figure.

There is a large doghouse that I've filled with straw that they take turns sleeping in. So they are warm and fed well. But I'd realllly like to find their owners or a new home.

Here's some pics of them both.. and yes they are grumbling at each other. They are mostly all talk and no action thank goodness. And no that's not the only bowl of food. I moved that bowl over to Charlie.. and the Mouthy one decided he wanted it.

Last edited by RaYne; December 12th, 2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for taking care of these fellows!

Here's a tip, for what it's worth. Feed them in shallow containers, like a pie plate (I picked up some heavy ceramic dishes from the dollar store, the sides are about 1-inch high).

They need to eat fast, due to the cold and possible competition from other cats. High-sided containers means they have to work hard to get at the food and when their head is buried in there, they can't keep an eye on their surroundings.

Also, I mix any food with warm water, so they get some liquid at the same time. Finding water in the winter is as much a problem for stray cats (and wild birds) as food. Of course, I also put out water as well, hot from the tap, preferably in stainless steel, to delay freezing. Conversely, water containers should be deep. Even my indoor cats - all former strays - prefer to 'eat shallow, drink deep'. Go figure.

I don't suppose you could bring these guys in one at a time and have them vacced and snipped, it's almost impossible to find homes for cats in their situation.
Old December 12th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

From the pictures they look like they have been very well fed. Were they that big when you first got them? Just looks like they belong to someone or did at one time.
Old December 12th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Owned by Saints

Thanks for the tips badger. I do have some pie plates I could put out there instead. Mixing with warm water is also a good idea. But I free feed them so it might end up freezing before they both get to eat it. But I thought about getting a warming plate to sit their water on.. I could always get one for their food too.

I was actually thinking about calling my vet about neutering and vacinating them, but to be honest I'm not working right now. So my hubby is footing the bill for our own pets and these 2 cats.

cpietra16, They were both thin when they first showed up here. Not bones sticking out thin. Here's a pic of the black kitty not long after he showed up here. Kinda hard to compare with the first pic since he's sitting. But he has a belly now. lol

Unfortunately I do believe they were dumped off near my home. Since I live out of town by alot of farmers. The black kitty showed up the first week of october, grey striped the first week of November. So they have had 1-2 months to put weight on.

Last edited by RaYne; December 12th, 2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Senior Contributor

They're both beautiful. I have no way of arranging electricity to my porch so I have to be pretty quick in this weather! It's a pain, but I'm a sap for a homeless kitty (as everyone here knows).
Do you think there might be a rescue in your area that could help you out?

I can't resist posting a couple of before and after pics...
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

This is a cat I called Noah when I found him in July...
Attached Images