Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Anyone Know what will cause a dog to go into convulsions and die a few hours later

I have had two dogs die in the last year. The vet says they both died from tetanus but I do not beleive this due to the vet saying it is rare for a dog to get tetanus. Now I had a 1 year old pit bull die from this in january 2010 and a six month old die this november. Both dogs where fine when I let them out to play and then I would go outside and they would be in a staedy state of convulsions and alot of drooling when they where calm if you made a noise moved something or them they would start convulsing and the where dead a couple hours after taking them to the vet they where dead. Two seperate incidents at two different times from something that is rare for a dog to get and vets have no way to treat because it is rare. Has anyone had anything like this happen. I do suspect poisoning but havnt had any trouble from the german shepard I have just mytwo pitbulls who both where always with the German shepard.