Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old May 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Smile My belated Mother's Day gift.

My youngest son had to work on this weekend so didn't get over with his sis to see us on Sat. :sad: He phoned twice on Sunday. I was trying to figure out why twice. On the last call he told me he had ordered something which was supposed to have been delivered but seeing as I wasn't gushing I obviously didn't get it.
Supposedly there was a computer glitch. Funny, this has happened to us before from this place. Anyway, I finally got my gift today.
As you can see - kitties approve too!
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Master of the Drool!

Awww 14+. That is sooo sweet!! He is a good son!!!
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:16 PM
-

The flowers are gorgeous.

Your son must have been so disappointed that they didn't arrive on time for Mother's Day .....I hope they gave him a discount.
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
The flowers are gorgeous.

Your son must have been so disappointed that they didn't arrive on time for Mother's Day .....I hope they gave him a discount.
Thanks M&M and Rainbow. I love them!! The vase will be very useful afterwards too. And he is the perfect son. Or at least I think so.

rainbow - He was terribly disappointed. My daughter told me last night that he had been so proud of himself for doing this and then this happened. I talked to him Monday night and last night to find out what was going on. He said when he talked to the person on Monday he told her I was disowning him. The goof! I told him the important thing was that if I didn't get whatever he was sending me (cause I still didn't know) that he get his money back. That's a pile of money to spend on something no one received!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Master of the Drool!

Poor guy! Tries to do something nice and that happens. Well at least you got it. Have you called him to tell him you finally got it?
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM
-

How sweet Gerri, do you dry them afterwards? Do you remember all the bunches I have hanging
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat&Murph View Post
Poor guy! Tries to do something nice and that happens. Well at least you got it. Have you called him to tell him you finally got it?
He's still at work M&M but I will call him tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
How sweet Gerri, do you dry them afterwards? Do you remember all the bunches I have hanging
I will be drying these for sure. This is the first time he has gone completely overboard on flowers. This is the same one who got me a Nintendo DS for Christmas. Talk about spoiling his Mom!

Last edited by 14+kitties; May 13th, 2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling again.
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Doggie Wench

Gorgeous flowers . What a sweetie your son is 14+ .
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor

It's heartbreaking for us to see them try to do something so nice and it falls apart on them. I hope they give him a break on the bill. They sure are purty flowers.
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Senior Contributor

That was very sweet of him! The flowers are lovely, and those chocolates are yummy!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
It's heartbreaking for us to see them try to do something so nice and it falls apart on them. I hope they give him a break on the bill. They sure are purty flowers.
I know. I feel so bad for him. He is 26 on May 27th but he is still my baby. Also very shy and quiet. When he talked to them the last time they told him they were going to add extra to the bouquet. There are 18 red roses in it, tons of baby's breath and lots of the small lilies. But I also know approx what he paid for it (my daughter's fault) and I am not sure it was "added too". There is the chocolates too though.
I am sure once I talk to him he will be happy. I told him I love him no matter what. I don't need gifts to know he loves me.

Old May 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Master of the Drool!

Awww 14+ you guys are too sweet!!
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM
proud to be a cat slave

Those are so pretty! And it looks like your furries are pretty much leaving them alone!

I can't have flowers in my house.. doesn't matter what kind - Jake and Alley will destroy them :sad: We've tried locking them in the bathroom, but Alley usually finds a way in there.. it's too bad, because I like them!

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

What a sweet son, you have 14+

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoozles View Post
Those are so pretty! And it looks like your furries are pretty much leaving them alone!

I can't have flowers in my house.. doesn't matter what kind - Jake and Alley will destroy them :sad: We've tried locking them in the bathroom, but Alley usually finds a way in there.. it's too bad, because I like them!
I normally ask for no flowers because I worry about toxicity levels. In this case I am keeping them.
It's funny, the kitties have not paid any attention to the flowers at all until I was reading this. Next thing I heard was Timmy! Get away from those flowers! He was trying to grab a leaf. So I guess I put them in a safe place for the night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
What a sweet son, you have 14+
I sure do. He is the best.

Old May 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Senior Contributor

What a wonderful son you have 14+, very generous and kind. I think he had good teachers pbp
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpatti View Post
What a wonderful son you have 14+, very generous and kind. I think he had good teachers pbp
Aww thanks Patti.

Old May 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Aww thanks Patti.
Only the truth. pbp
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're gorgeous, 14+! What a wonderful of a son you have! Chocolates, too!

I hope you've talked to him already and he's feeling good that it finally arrived!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
They're gorgeous, 14+! What a wonderful of a son you have! Chocolates, too!

I hope you've talked to him already and he's feeling good that it finally arrived!!
I found out from my son that it was the chocolates that were "added" for it being late. That's good cause I was gonna give him heck for adding to his momma's waistline. He is happy they finally made it but still disappointed I didn't get them on "my" day. I told him this place has done it before to me. He probably won't use them again.
The flowers are even more gorgeous now! The lilies have started opening. They are white and pale yellow. I think there are over 2 dozen of them. So pretty mixed in with the red roses and baby's breath.

Old May 15th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh how gorgeous!!

We need a new pic with the opened up lilies

Very sweet of your son

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

As requested onster.
Attached Images

Old May 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

aww thank you

They are soooooooooooooooooooo prettty!!!! I *love* the combo and how full the bouquet is. Your son must have spent a pretty penny on it. He loves mom a lot

Im sure You know this but just in case, you have to be careful with lilies - toxic to kitties.

Old May 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep, yep! That's why when we aren't in the house the bouquet resides in the bathroom with door closed tight. All good! Kits have been very good about leaving them alone but don't want to take the chance.

Old May 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Contributor

lol yes, you must take all precautions against the middle of the night- what mommy cant see wont hurt her- flower eating nommies .

A frequent occurrence at this house

Old May 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, wow! It's even more stunning with the lilies open! Your son has a good eye for bouquets!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:01 AM

OOOOOh! Those flowers are gorgeous. (Looks for paper and pen to take notes for next Mother's Day.)You must really enjoy having such beautiful flowers to look at. Glad the kitties aren't being too destructive with them.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,what a wonderful son you havebut with a mom like you,could he be any different
I know those flowers were very expensive,those people better give him some of his money back,but he probably does not care,as long as you got them.
I have a big bouquet of those white lillies,bought them myselfthe go on top of the fridge when we are not around,but only Chico has a taste for them,the others don't bother.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:55 AM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
Aw Kitties+14 how beautiful!! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous. What a really lovely gift from your son. Very thoughtful. Love the Red Roses. Aw you must have been well chuffed at getting such a wonderful Mother's Day pressie.

Hope you had a lovely day.

Take care

Rose