Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

"A Raw Love Story" starring Petey

I was bored this afternoon, so decided to make a little music video of the first time Petey ate raw. And don't worry, the raw is just Nature's Variety patties, so looks just like a raw hamburger patty. Nothing really gross for those that are squeamish like me.

"A Very Raw Love Story" Starring Petey!

http://home.comcast.net/~smileysteph...Love_Story.wmv

(You can click to play directly or right-click and choose "save target as" to download. It's 10MB, so for those with dial-up, it would take close to an hour to download. All others should be able to double click to view immediately or download quickly).

Enjoy!

And yep, I was really bored today.

And yep, my floors were sanitized afterwards.

Last edited by Smiley14; June 2nd, 2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm sad...I wanna see Petey in motion! :sad: But I've got the slowest of slow dial-ups so I know better than to attempt it...

How far do you live from the Twin Cities and which direction? One of these days, if I'm gonna realize my life-long dream of seeing Petey in person, we might just have to take a drive out thattaway!

hazel can see Smiley14 now going " "

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL! Well, he's not really in motion. The video of his eating was SO boring, so I was trying to "spice" it up a little, LOL! So I made a mini-music video out of it instead, hehe. Still boring, but hey, I was in a silly mood and having fun!

Here Hazel, I made a small version for you that should be dial-up friendly. If you try right-clicking and choosing "save target as," you should be able to download it. At least my sister could and she's on very slow and irregular dial-up too! Thought you could at least try it too since I know you can't play streaming video at all!

http://home.comcast.net/~smileysteph...for_Dialup.wmv

And yep, I'm right in a suburb of St. Paul, so we definitely need to have our own Pets.ca meet up sometime! I'll have to try to get better video of Petey. He's not really doing much in this one. Oh, and this video is just from my little digital camera, so not the greatest quality. But it worked at least.

This was the first time I had him try the raw patties, so I just put it on a plate to see if he would even go for it or not. He licked it for a while (after dragging it onto the floor of course!) and then finally gobbled it down. So this isn't normally how I feed him either, LOL!

Last edited by Smiley14; June 2nd, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It's 15% copied...can't wait to see it! Thanks, Smiley!

We pass through the Cities a few times a year. Maybe someday we can meet up... We'd need a large dog-friendly fenced area, though very large

31 % now! I'm so excited!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, now you're going to be disappointed! It's not that exciting of a video. But thanks for watching it!!!!!

I have a fenced back yard (though would be a bit crowded, hehe) and a great dog park about five miles away!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I could only download 1.5 M, but I wasn't disappointed! That's hilarious! I love all the little heart-framed images that pop in! And Petey is still The Doll! hazel s Petey

Thanks Smiley!

Backyard sounds good--as long as your grass is healthy. If it's at all anemic, like ours was when we were in Eau Claire, I'm afraid the trampling of the Pack will do it in.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh you probably missed the end then! That's too bad. But glad it kind of worked at least!

Grass is nice and healthy. Although I think my pooper-scooper lady would be a little overwhelmed that week. LOL!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley14 View Post
Grass is nice and healthy. Although I think my pooper-scooper lady would be a little overwhelmed that week. LOL!
No worries--we come prepared to do our own scooping!

Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Ohh, she'll love you! I think we're all set then!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Video made me laugh.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

That was a good video.Petey you stud muffin you
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Cute wild thing lol
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:25 PM
Live well, laugh often

That was awesome . Very cool and Petey definately was born to be a movie star .
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Hehe, thanks guys!

I just realized I forgot to explain what I was trying to tell in the video! The idea I was trying to show was a love affair between a dog and his food. LOL! As Petey gets his first taste of raw or "wild" food," it reminds him of moments running free in the wind...wild as can be...so he is in love.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Smiley,that's a fantastic video,you got talent girl
Hope everyone get to see the whole thing,not just the eating part.
Oh,by the way,your floors make me green with envy
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
-

Even with the dial up friendly version, I could only see 4-5 seconds

:sad:
Old June 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
-

I loved the video......very well done, Steph. And, Petey was awesome as usual. I loved how he was looking for more after he finished.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!!!! I had fun making it, hehe. Sorry it didn't work for you Frenchy!!! I tried to make it even smaller, but then it was all smooched and fuzzy. LOL! Sorry about that!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
-

Don't be sorry Smiley14, living in the boonies, the internet connection sucks big time , but hey , I still can see pics .... hint hint
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
-

Frenchy, you should go visit Breeze to see it.....well worth it.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Frenchy, you should go visit Breeze to see it.....well worth it.
Breeze needs to buy a house near my place, oh no, wait a minute, if she does that she won't get high speed internet either
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL! Ok, Frenchy, here are a few pics for you. But they are boring, as the video of him eating it was quite boring too. That's why I tried to spice it up and turn it into a music video instead, lol. But here you go!
Attached Images

Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
-

wooohoo ! Thanks , and no , they're not boring ! We don't get to see Petey too much , so any pics will be fine , he's such an handsome boy
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

And Billy looking on with interest. He wouldn't eat any though when I gave him a tiny bit. He never has eaten anything raw whenever I've tried. (And yes, I know, I'm bad letting the cat on the kitchen counter. I've given up with this cat years ago as he loves to jump onto of the fridge and then on top of the upper cabinets. He likes to be up high and it's like his own playground up there. You'll also notice the bottle of Clorox wet wipes sitting out on the counter as well. I wipe the counter down before any meal preparation. )
Attached Images

Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
wooohoo ! Thanks , and no , they're not boring ! We don't get to see Petey too much , so any pics will be fine , he's such an handsome boy
Oh, good to know! I have TONS more, LOL, but just didn't want to feel like I was spamming the thread too much, hehe.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
-

It's ok, my Monsieur le chat gets on the kitchen island too but not on the kitchen table They are cats, what are you going to do ?