Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old September 10th, 2004, 11:24 AM

Anyone heard of ´em?

I was on petfinder and I saw a Chi i´d like to adopt, but I haven´t heard of the rescue shelter before. They´re called Stray from the Heart in New York, and they say they´re affiliated with P.L.U.T.O. Has anyone ever heard of them, and are they okay to deal with? I´ve heard alot of stories of bad shelters, so just trying to make sure. I know there are great shelters everywhere on petfinder, but there also are a few bad ones too (Jen Connor, anyone?)
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM

Smile Stray from the Heart

Hey there,
I've worked with Stray from the Heart :love: for over 5 years now (volunteer work). Stray from the Heart actually does not even have a shelter, but a group of foster homes that help dogs get on thier feet and find forever home for them. Take a look at our website at www.strayfromtheheart.org . Our most up to date dog listing is actually found on Petfinder at www.strayfromtheheart.petfinder.com . Usually Stray doesn't adopt out of the tri-state area, but check the site out anyway.

On another note... we are having a great Cinco de Mayo 2005 party this Thursday at Starlight Lounge in NYC. Ave A between 10th and 11th street.

If you have any questions, email us at info@strayfromtheheart.org or call 212.726.dogs.

Thanks much!
Laura
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Contributor

HI Laura

You have so many beautiful pit bulls. Thank you so much for helping these babies!! :love:
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:53 PM

Thumbs up Our babies - the Bully breeds

I tell you, once you have a Pit, Staffie or other Bully Breed, I for one can never go back

My little Sassy (English Staffordshire Bull Terrier) is the light of any dark day! I don't know what I would do without her. I tell you I wouldn't smile nearly as much. It's such a shame that there is so much misinformation everywhere about these breeds of dogs.

Thanks go to Toni and Beth at Stray from the Heart for really getting out there in the trenches and saving these dogs! Them and all the unsung rescuers out there that put there own lives at risk everyday saving these lives for no reward ut a lick and an empty wallet!

And another HUGE thank you to all those people who can't have one, but find other ways to help. Donating time and money really does go a long way. There is always another mouth to feed.

Laura
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

I have a rescued pit bull and she is the best dog in the world. And yes - you will never go a day without laughing when you have one of these clowns around!
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:19 PM

Keep spreading the good bully word

It's great find another bully lover :love:
L
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Contributor

There's lots of bully lovers here! Check out this very long thread and see our pitties, including my silly Chloe.
We Love Our Pit Bulls