Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM

adopted another cat, could use some help

hey everyone, i may have said i was done with the forum seeing as how SSS still hasnt returned. but i adopted a new kitten.

i was at work and i heard some loud crying and i rushed over and seen some ignorant middle-aged man holding down this month old kitten by pinching its ears together. i yelled at him, told him how its a sin to do so and basically he backed off.

anyhow, after chasing it for about a good 45 minutes it went into its "Home" which is basically some wood covered with tiles, scrap metal, and some cement bags. which really isnt a place for a kitten, let alone any animal to live in. when i took off the grabage ontop one by one, i noticed insects started to come out, which probably irritated it alot im guessing.

anyhow, after 45 minutes of chasing, i finally caught it, put it in a cat cage-box-thing with the metal door. i put food and water for it to eat aswell.

i took it hoome, cleaned up the room we have in our inner-yard and set up a good enough home.

i put it in the room, and made a little cave-ish structure it could hide in, and waited for it to trust me. it did, its an awsome female.

anyhow, its mother wasnt found, i asked the guy how long its been there, he said a while, and its mother wasnt there.

my problem is that it sucks on this weird...peice of meat next to its anus. i guess its to compensate for the lack of suckling it should be getting.
im guessing it was this weird, infection it had that is being prolonged because it keeps sucking on it. hopefully i can take it to the clinic this week and get it checked up.

i've tried to make it stop, i've tried to make it whool suck instead(dunno if thats a bad idea) but it didnt like that either.

since we dont have baby bottles for kittens, i got the smallest baby bottle nipple-thing i could find, poked a hole in it, and put a little bit of cloth on it, like i did with sew-sew-steve and it worked fine with him.
but this one just wont do it.

so my question is whats a better alternative?

ALSO

my brother seen SSS and it just acted as if my brother was a complete stranger and tried to make itself seem as little visible as it could. i ran into the deserted house my brother said he went into, but no luck.

im just glad hes fine, my brother said he looked just as fat and plump as before, was walking fine, no limping, and he looked clean, basically the exact same.

so for those of you who give a damn, thats that.