Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM

Smile New member saying hi!

Hi my name is cassi and i have 2 dogs, 4cats and 4 human children. We are a very happy menagerie!! I am hoping to find a place to talk pets, and make some new friends!! Thanks
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Swift Tribe

welcome to pets.ca!!! when you get a few more posts under your belt maybe you can post some pictures of all your kids??? pretty please???

you wanna tell us a little more about yourself?? your babies??

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, chicagodogs!

yes, pictures of furbabies are a must, so start picking out your favorites to share! I believe there is a delay of 36 hours and you need 5 posts before you can upload attachments--but if you Private Message marko, he can activate your account right away.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM

hi and thanks for the welcome, I should have included more in my original post about my pets. Well, I will start with the cats-
1. Jada- she is actuall my 12 year old daughters baby, she is a tortoishell, with beautiful green eyes, we have had her since she was a baby, she is spayed of course. My daughter plans to show her at the 4H expo this summer,she is very pretty and mellow.She has never been an outside cat.
2. Pumpkin, a cat that my 17 year old daughter brought home, not spayed and just gave birth to 6 kittens today as a matter of fact. she is a orange tabby. She is an outside/inside cat, she is inside now since she just gave birth.
3. Holly-she is a calico, we rescued her from a neglectful situation, my friend lived next door to her owners, she was an outside cat trying to survive in 30 below windchills, she is spayed very pretty, but timid and lives full time in our house.(spayed)
4. KittyKat- she is a torbie? very pretty, she was my husband's grandmas very first house cat, then grandma moved into assisted living and asked if we would take her. she is mostly outdoor cat, she comes in but asks to go out to use the bathroom- she really only likes to come in when it is raining or cold out. she is very affectionate though.(spayed)
Dogs-2 Golden retrievers-sibs from different litters.
1.Wrigley-big good overprotective dog. very pretty, had him since he was a pup, he is neutered, he probably weighs a good 75 lbs. he is my big baby. very loyal a good boy. likes his family, his own human kids. he does have some issues with my youngest son-who is 5 and autistic.
2. Addy- she is a little goofy soul. she loves everyone she probably weighs 40-50 lbs, much smaller than wrigley. she loves everyone and everything. even the cats. She is very sweet and cute. She is girly.(spayed)
My goldens are gold. i am anxious to post pics!! We just got a new computer and hubby did not hook up the cable to download pics? And I don't know how.
Anyway that is part of my story, I am a nurse, I work in OB, I have 2 daughters ages 17&12 and 2 sons-ages 7&5.!
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sounds like a busy household! How are the kittens doing?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM

The kittens are great, they are feeding well and mama pumpkin has alot of milk. Any suggestions on what I could supplement her diet with for nursing? I hate to see her get too thin with the nursing kittens thing. Thanks- Cassi
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago dogs View Post
The kittens are great, they are feeding well and mama pumpkin has alot of milk. Any suggestions on what I could supplement her diet with for nursing? I hate to see her get too thin with the nursing kittens thing. Thanks- Cassi
Sorry...nope (I'm a crazy dog lady )...but if you start a thread in the health forum, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions!

Old April 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Welcome. There are many interesting topics here and plenty of areas to post photos. I have not been here very long but have found that everyone is very friendly and really loves their pets.There is alot of great info here . I know you will enjoy your time here.