Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pet product reviews - dog products

Old November 29th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Slave to Dogs and 1 Angel

Light for walking dogs at night.

I got this LED strap light, it is actually for cyclist to wear around their arms or ankles but it has an elastic strap that you can adjust the length. I tried it with a couple of dogs, fits quite well. There is two modes, constant and flashing. It is bright enough that I think even when it is the winter time and at night a driver should be able to see it from quite far away.

Only thing is that if the dog has long coat or think fur, the light strap can become obscured. Or if the dog is very big with a huge neck, this light might not fit. It does come with a quick release buckle so I guess a person could always buy two of them and clip them together to make it fit around a really big dog. That and get 360 degree light coverage.

It is water resistant and even using it in heavy rain there are no issues with it. The name of the product is "Planet Bike BRT LED Strap Light".

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1227946359503

I give this a four out of five.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5008385s_v1_m56577569830709404.jpg (8.0 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Scuba; November 29th, 2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Included a picture of the light
Old November 29th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Only thing is that if the dog has long coat or think fur, the light strap can become obscured. Or if the dog is very big with a huge neck, this light might not fit. It does come with a quick release buckle so I guess a person could always buy two of them and clip them together to make it fit around a really big dog. That and get 360 degree light coverage.

Have you tried petsmart or another pet-related store?

ACO22
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Slave to Dogs and 1 Angel

ACCO2 - I have seen the collars with LED light built right into the collars at different pet stores. However, I have never liked the quality of them, plus they aren't as bright. That and they are much more expensive then this LED strap designed for cyclists. I much rather use two pieces of quality gear for differing jobs rather than one that does a mediocre try at two jobs.

The Planet Bike BRT LED strap light was only $8.50CDN (before taxes) for me. There is an elastic strap on one end with the quick release buckles that will allow me to adjust the overall length to quite a wide ranges. I could get it around my neck very comfortably and I wear a size 15 collar shirt so it should fit most dogs.