Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old June 6th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

14+Phlox-seeds grew!!

I planted these seeds I got from 14 + last spring(2010),they look really nice in my little frontgarden.

I think the white bush is some kind of Hydrangea,forgot the name and then my two favorite flowers
Attached Images

Old June 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

oh we have those growing in the fields next door, looks like a purple wave , I love flox, there are white, pink and purple that grow wild around here.

love the pic of the boys...so cute
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Half Way To Crazy

my favorite is the black and white ones chico they seem to stay around a lot longer than the flower kind
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Very pretty, chico! Hummingbirds go crazy over the phlox here so keep your eyes peeled! But I think the boys take the prize, too.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Hazel,the Phlox is in the front and the hummer-feeders in the back,I was thinking of mybe putting a fake red flower behind the feeders..would that help
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It might. Better yet, any place you can hang a basket of red impatiens near the feeder? Or if you have a portable shepherd's hook, hang a feeder from it out by the phlox.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't suppose anyone knows which species of phlox that is? It's a lovely colour. The Hydrangea is beautiful, but such a great photo of the cats, your white one is such a star, very photogenic.
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

These phlox grow wild all around. The purple is the easiest one to get seeds from if you want to try to naturalize some in your flowerbeds. I do have a small amount of pink and white ones growing in the fields this year so I may venture out to try to get seed once they are ready. I love the way they look for a background for some other early bloomers. Seeing as I haven't had much time lately to work in my gardens I thank you for posting pics here chico. They look nice there.
Of course those black and white flowers are a couple of my favourite ones around.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I know some people call them weeds,I prefer to call them wildflowers and they look really pretty now,when not so much else is blooming.