Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old April 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM

The talk about "arm's length" has me thinking about the power that the AG can hold over judges.

It was Bryant that caused the investigation of Justice Paul Cosgrove, for "vilifying the state."

Regardless of wether that investigation was justified or not - all it took was one letter from Bryant. I think it's an automatic hearing, if an AG complains about a judge.

If an AG were to get vindictive, they could do some serious damage to a judge's career.
Old April 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Not to mention the AGs Fed and Prov appoint judges and pay them......

Last edited by LL1; April 9th, 2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegShawnMom
First we hated the Liberals so we voted infor a change with the Tories,Boy we were really p--ed with them,made lots of noise and we(collectivaly) like the opposition.So we voted them in,knowing deep down they were'to good to be true',now we don't like the FIBerals.Electiontime we might even vote them out because the opposition looks good.
See-Saw,back and forth, ghads- are we ever going to be happy with the government.maybe we should ask Charlie and Carmellia to come over and take control of our lives
Actually I have always voted Liberal...Bryant has finally broken that run.

I have never been on welfare, been a teacher, suffered a disability (although I have had back surgery), I returned to and paid my own way through school and I don’t have kids so nothing ever really affected me before. Sad to say but it’s the truth.

Three years ago I adopted a dog, then another a year ago. One is a Rhodesian mix (an often confused for pit breed). That got me thinking. I went down a long dark road of dog abuse, dog fighting, bite statistics, dog related deaths and of course the Courtney Trempe case.

If I can see the reality that this was just a political ploy and does nothing to address dog safety I can’t understand why every stinking Liberal voted for Bill 132 and why no one else is outraged. I guess for the same reason I wasn’t outraged at every thing the Tories did –apathy.

I live in a small city that doesn’t have a pit problem but am convinced that the dog is never really the problem and banning one breed won’t do anything except destroy thousands of innocent dogs and force otherwise happy and friendly dogs (and their) owners to inhumane conditions – life at the end of a leash muzzled. Where I live (and walk my dogs) the labs are the biters (although those are dog on dog attacks not dog on human attacks).

So no I do not teeter back and forth. I ignorantly voted Liberal for all those years. This issue made me looks closer. I now have a lot of respect for a lot of NDP and yes a lot of Tories. That respect is a limited resource and there is only so much to go around so if you are wondering where that respect came from..it came from the Liberals. They threw it away.

Liberal Free in 2008