Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 1st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I just read your thread...wow I am so happy and amazed...you have broken the barrier. She has let you come into her life....how will you be able to let go. This is great news.
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
I just read your thread...wow I am so happy and amazed...you have broken the barrier. She has let you come into her life....how will you be able to let go. This is great news.
It is great news. But a bit heartbreaking at the same time because she's ready for that transition to indoors and I can't help her. It's very windy tonight and it will be worst the next few days. Everytime I hear the windows here shaking from the wind, I think of her and Charlie and Puma and it breaks my heart. :sad:

It's been harder turning away unqualified homes than it will be finding her a permanent side on someone's bed. So far, luck has not been on her side nor on her siblings. At least all her babies are safe.
Old March 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Just checking in on the Kitties...I hope you got all the info i sent you. Let me know. We need these kitties in a nice warm house ....we need help.
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Me too,those five kitties are hard to forget about:sad:
I am always hoping to read some good news
Old March 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM

Thanks Cpietra, I have the info for the gazette ad and I will call on Thursday to run the ad for a week for your fosters . I hope this will help get your fosters adopted in order to open up a space for these kitties...

I dreaded the worst today. After the rain, the place is now flooded. Their food bowl is floating in the water and they try to get to it by avoiding the puddles but they can't.

I'm losing hope for these guys. I'm at a point where maybe I'll just have to accept that this is their fate and there's really no hope for them. It's so emotionally draining seeing them this way everyday. Nothing I've done has worked. I feel I'm just delaying the inevitable for them.
Attached Images

Old March 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Just checking and making sure that they have all been accounted for....
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher, check out SOS Miow, they put your cats on their site available for adoption. www.sosmiow.com
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow....its good to know that they are being looked at... . I wonder if they could put my two sisters on there as a courtesy listing??
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Aren't your two sisters with another rescue?
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, but as a foster parent, they said i could do everything to help with the adoption process... But you're right I sure don't want to take away from SOS's cats ...I just thought that some rescues cross post for exposure...just a thought
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe they can, you can always email SOS Miow.
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM

What a sad situation What area of Montreal are you in? It looks like my neighborhood, Point Saint Charles. At least it is warming up for them, another winter they survived because of you, I'm sure many out there didn't :sad:
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Contributor

When are you moving?? I may have some help for these cats if you can hold unto them for a few more months.

I'm sending you a PM!!!!
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

So it looks like there might be a light at the end of this tunnel. Keep fingers crossed everyone!
Old March 19th, 2006, 02:52 AM

Wow....this thread is kind of heart-wrenching. It makes me so mad that anyone could be so heartless as to abandon animals like this. Catsnatcher, I commend you for all you have done for these five beauties. My Wife and I are just now in the process of adopting a stray that pretty much came with the home that we just bought.

The previous owners left us a note that the cat just sort of adopted the patio and that he came to take him to the SPCA the morning we took posession but couldn't find him. He left a note stating he'd be back to try again. My wife quickly called asking him not to come and telling him that we are going to adopt him. Lucky for us he is not feral at all but our female 8 year old indoor/outdoor cat is not to happy with him and hissess at him even though he is a big teddy bear and shows no sign of aggression back. We are going to have him sterilized this week as well as a checkup and vaccinations. I hope this will help the situation with our cat. This guy is a beautiful black cat with big green eyes. He is definately an instant lap cat and I think the moment he comes in our home and finds our gas fireplace he will be in kitty heaven.

It breaks my heart when I lock up at night and he is either at the front door or back sliding glass door crying to come in. Judging by his demeanor he was certainly a house cat that was abandoned which really pisses me off. I would have a hard time talking to the people responsible for doing this to him with anything but my fists. I built him a makeshift shelter and gave him a blanket though he just generally sleeps on our patio chairs. Lucky for us we live on the west coast and our idea of winter is a cold rainy day or a half a week of wet snow. Hopefully everything works out and we will be able to bring him indoors. He already gets along great with my 14 week old Sheltie puppy.

Catsnatcher...sorry for the major threat hijack but your story hit close to home for me. Here are a few pictures of 'Jack.'

Old March 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Nighthawk,Jack was lucky it was you who moved in and not a cat-hater,thank's for taking care of him
My Chico looks just like him,the biggest love-bug-cat I've ever had:love:
Hopefully you can bring him in soon and have him neutered
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Kudos to you for bringing this guy inside instead of letting him go to the SPCA where black cats are a dime a dozen. And at least the previous owner wasn't prepared to simply abandon him.
Just a tip: when you first bring him inside, it would be a good idea to segregate him for a week or two. If each cat has a blanket, exchange them after a few days so they get used to each other's smell. Your female has had your undivided attention for 8 (?) years and will need time to adjust. But it should go well; a female and a male generally have an easier transition than two boys or two girls. But females are no less territorial, so take it slowly.
He's a lucky boy.
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Nighthawk, thanks for adopting this beautiful guy. Big, tough toms are often the softest and sweetest of any cats!

The neutering will definitely help, since the intact tom scent is upsetting to your cat. It will take a few weeks for the smell to go away.
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM

I went to check up on my stray cats today and look who I found! A raccoon! Eating their food, drinking their water and sleeping in their bed!!!!
Is he dangerous? to me? to the cats? What do I do?
I was so scared of him, how am i going to go under the blacony to feed the cats from now on?
Attached Images

Old April 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM

here he is again
Attached Images

Old April 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM

and again! My landlords are gonna be super p****d!
Attached Images

Old April 18th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,the only thing I can think of,since coons are nocturnal,feed the cats when it's daylight.
He will keep coming back now that he knows where there is food.
I used to feed coons,because I love them,but had to stop..and in your case it means 5 hungry cats go without:sad:
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:08 PM

Thanks Chico2,

I can no longer feed the cats under the balcony. I'm too scared of the racoon. It's very dark under there and there are too many places he can hide and feel cornered. I hope the lack of food under the balcony will keep him away... I just don't know where to feed my cats in secrecy anymore :sad:

I don't know what to do.
Why did you stop feeding your raccoons? Are they dangerous? Can I catch something?
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Just to let you know...raccoons can kill a cat in one swoop. They are probably staying away. A smart cat will never confront a raccoon. Catsnatcher.. I will be sending the sisters to an adoption clinic...I have not forgotten. Just be careful with the raccoon
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:15 PM

I'm so scared for my cats. Now, they have no place to sleep at night if the racoon has moved in!

Things are getting worst for them. Thelma is constantly being chased by a tom cat. I hear her screaming at night and always catch that tomcat cornering her. (This tomcat has a freaking collar with no tags and won't stay ten feet from me, so no chance of catching him).

Now I can't feed them under the balcony anymore. It's so heartbreaking. Every time Tiger and Charlie and Puma purr around my legs. I can't explain how much it bothers me that I can't find them a freaking home.

Now I'm gonna find them hurt one morning cuz of this raccoon... :sad:
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher, if you'll be leaving anyway, can't you just bring them in just for awhile until something comes up?? One month or two may be all you need.
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM

I wish I could. I always think about sneaking one in at a time. I can't get away with it. My landlords are my inlaws and have complete access to my house at all times. They're already mad that I have doberman and 3 cats in the house. It doesn't help that we share washing machines and they see all the hair that comes out of the dryer.

And if it's not my landlords, it's my dog. The last stray I brought in started to get comfy in the home but my dog just didn't want anything to do with her and kept cornering her and showing his teeth.

And if it's not my dog, it's the foster room/work room/future baby room. The foster room has to be cleaned out of all hazardeous material everytime a new stray comes in and that means I have no place to do my work and that means no money coming in.

I consider it everyday and just can't find a way to get away with fostering one.
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Can you spray the racoon with water - he should be able to find food else where - also what about making an opening just large enough for the cats to get through but not the raccoon - not an expert by any means but its what came to my mind.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher,

There's a place, (not the SPCA Montreal) where they will catch your racoon and release it in a safe place. I have the info at work, I will give it to you tomorrow!
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM

Thanks Poodletalk.

There are 2 raccoons. I don't know how they're going to do it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy,

Unfortunately, it's not my balcony so I can't manipulate it more than I already have.