Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
!Chihuahua Lover!

Exclamation Having trouble tRaining my chihuahua!!!HELP

Hey...

I finally found my chihuahua.took alot of hard searching..but now im having trouble training her.She is a purbred short coat and she is currently 9 weeks now.I've had her for 2 weeks.

In the beginning she would pee on her p-pad but she would never poop on it..she will always go on the carpet.Now..she has decided that my bed..teddy bears..my cats bed and the carpet is her p-pad and she goes everywhere now.I've tried to teach her but she never learns.I work from 8-5 so I can't supervise her at all times.I was crate training her..the first day she did well..but then she decided to pee in there as well, so I gave up on that but she still uses it as her bed and comfort zone.I've also noticed that when she needs to poop..she will hold it untill im out of her site for a second then she will go..its like she knows that its bad but she still does it.

I live in a apartment and I do not have a balcony..so thats why that p-pads are my only option.Im thinking about litter training her..the pets stores that i've contacted do not have "doggy" litter..and they say to use cat litter.Now im not to sure about that..is it safe for a chihuahua? i'm afraid that she can swallow it and clump in her tummy.

*The person that I got her from had the puppies peeing and pooping on a white towel...can this also be the problem..I've noticed she likes going on soft surfaces.

If any one has any tips on how to train my chi..please help!!!

Last edited by Chi_lover; April 3rd, 2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: missed some things i needed to say.