Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 29th, 2007, 10:44 PM

low cost spay/neuter in Toronto

Hey All,

I have 2 kittens, a brother and sister pair, they are alomost 6 months old, and I need to get them fixed ASAP! However I just graduated college, and I work in the Arts...aka I have very little money. I was hoping someone could direct me to a place that can spay/neuther my kitties for $200 each or less. Any info you have would be appreaciated. Thanks
Old September 30th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

The cheapest clinic I know of is the Queensway Animal Hospital in Simcoe Ontario...I dont know there number but you can google it and find it.

Good Luck

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
-

Try this Vet ~ I've been told he is not only very good but very inexpensive:
Dr. Dave Sohal of the Bloor Kipling Animal Clinig 416-233-6303. You can also try the Humane Society ~ I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to run a spay/neuter clinc once or twice a year for people with low income (must be verifiable).
Old October 19th, 2010, 04:12 PM

low cost spay/neuter in Toronto

The cheapest place to get your pet spay/neutered within the city is at Toronto Animal Services, it's around $60 you can call them at 416-338-6281. You will have to wait to get an appointment. They have a few locations, far from the city centre.

The next best place is Brimley Lawrence Animal Hospital, it's around $100 and you can call them at 416-266-9380.

Before I found the info above I had to call around 20 vets in Toronto and they are charging from 300 - 600 dollars.

Vets in Toronto are charging obscene prices to spay/neuter and this is unethical, the government should regulate how much vets charge for this practice.

Don't buy your medicine from the vet, they by law have to give you the prescription if you ask for it, then get your medicine at Broadview Pharmacy at 416-465-2473 or use their online service at www.petpharm.org

If any one else has tips on how to save money on vet bills please post here as it will help us all.

Last edited by Blackbear; October 19th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.