Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM

New from Nova Scotia

Hi everyone!
I'm a Chihuahua Mom, and a cat Mom. My house has been owned by Peso for almost 3 years, and Stewart, the cat, came 1 1/2 years ago. They are best friends, and make us laugh everday when they romp together
I started lurking to educate myself on the food issue, as I want to do this right this time. Great info on here!
I've had animals my entire life, and have evolved over the years from feeding "whatever food" to seeing that a quality food would have made a difference in my past companions. Not that they were hard done by, by any means! Its too late for those beloved pets, but with these two, I'm determined to get it right! It already costs me more to feed my Chihuahua than it ever did to feed my Labs
He is currently on Merricks dry, and occasionally Eagle Pack. I'm looking for a good wet supplement to excite his appetite and have found lots of good choices on this site.
Stewart also needs a change from the Medi Cal the vet put him on as a kitten. He likes it and is very healthy, but the more I read, the more I want to switch him to Origen.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce ourselves, so I'll cut this short. It's easy to get long winded when talking about things you love
Attached Images

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Though I better include a recent one of Stewart too. Then I saw the other cute ones to include
Attached Images

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I absolutely love that picture with Peso in profile and Stewart looking down on him I hope you framed that!

And the last one of the wrasslin'! Too cute, bryna123!

Welcome to the board!

And we didn't even have to bug you for pictures! Good job!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, and the cuddle picture just downloaded (I've got rather sluggish dial-up I'm slooooowwwwww....)

I think it's my new fave!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Why thank you! Yes, that one is framed as an 8 x 10. I can't take credit for it though. I took them to a local pet supply place that offered a photographer, and he spent a good deal of time to get a great shot. I want to go back now that they are grown, and try to re-create the pose. Although, Stewart now weighs more than Peso.
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
proud to be a cat slave

You've got super cute furbabies!

Just so you know, for Stewart, you might want to consider getting him on wet food exclusively - a good grain free food like Wellness would be best for him! Details are here: www.catinfo.org

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

welcome to you and the fur babies, i'm with hazel i love the cuddle picture. and yup posting pics immediately makes us very happy.
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Compromised account

Welcome and you have the most adorable pets! they are so CUTE!!!
my fave is the wrestling one and the cuddling one...
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Garfield!!!!!!!! I swear, in that one pic Stewart looks just like him!! Too cute for words. It's funny how Stewart is bigger than Peso!
Welcome!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Board! I love your pet pics!! They are adorable!!
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM

Thanks everyone. We call them Garfield and Odie all the time! Stewart was actually named after James Stewart, for the movie voice he did in "Fievel Goes West" I was always a James Stewart fan, and that character was a dog trying to act like a cat...and Stewart is quite doggy like, the way he acts
Peso was named by my Dad, after 3 days when we still couldn't agree on a name

I am very lucky to have such great pets, they always make us smile. Before, we were hard core Labrador people (still love a Lab!) but since the Chihuahua came, he has won over everyone who meets him .... with less slobber too
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:42 AM

Hi Phoozles, I had hashed over the canned food vs dry, and I know it makes a lot of sense to feed wet, but for me, the dry has won. I'm going to go with Orijen dry. It does sound like a good quality food, and Stewart will actually eat it
He is a very picky eater, only wants dry kibble. He won't even eat kitty treats (I've got a cupboard full of open bags)
I just bought a sample of the Orijen the other day, so he is not fully on it yet. I had tried Fromms, NutriScience, Wellness, and Chicken Soup brands....so far the Orijen is the only one he wants (other than his MediCal)
Maybe I will think about some raw meat as an occasional supplement?
I'll have to go into the food forum with this topic, for sure.
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Geek Club CEO

OMG that cuddly pic is just toooooooo cute!!!
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)