Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old July 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

You are the only one who can decide what you will or will not take--and if you are in on the decision to take or not take a med, you'll do better, regardless, than if you're taking it unwillingly or with reservations. Talk it over with the doc, though, and listen to what she says about benefits and side effects. If she's worth her weight in salt, she'll give you the info you need to decide and then stick by your choice.

Less than two hours now! Feeling any better? Is this the first time you've been sick this week?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Heidi,I am one of those people who cannot take anything stronger than Aspirin,Tylenol 3 knocked me out for 24 hours once.
After my catbites,I was sick for another 2 weeks from the Antibiotics,so you are not alone in med-reactions,not that it helps you to know that..:sad:
It might take a few tries before your doctor can find meds that will not make you sick..
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

How did your appt go yesterday, Heidi? Feeling any better?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Contributor

He walked in right after my last post so i left,and i told the doctor what happend she does not believe it was from that,i actually believe it was from being extremley hot in here,like i said there are no windows in the front office that open and the only air vent is in the back by my bosses desk and the only air that comes out of that is from the room in here where all the electrical boxes are,so like when it gets hot in here i can open that door and get some air but after about 20 minutes the air coming out from there is no longer cold,so you have to shut the door and wait awhile.Every day here starting at about 10:00 am til about 2:00 it gets to be about 90 in here,and i usually just sweat my ass off,but i am thinking that it was just to much yesterday and i got sick,cause i feel fine when i leave here,feel fine right now,i mean if it was the pill i would think it would happen more or every day,anyway she said i should stay on the wellbutrin thinks it will be good for me,but it is up to shrink to decide,well i feel it is up to me to decide and i stopped taking them starting this morning,when it comes to that i really dont care if they think it is a good idea or not,it is my body and i dont want to rely on pills any longer for anything,after the suboxon i am done with pills.
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Just be sure that if you find yourself depressed you touch bases with the doc, okay? Sometimes just acknowledging it and talking about it can help.

I'm glad you're feeling better today! I don't take the heat well, either.

To bad you can't punch a hole in a couple of walls to let that lovely tropical breeze into the office!

Old July 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
The demons' servant

I'm so sorry....I'd first read the topic a while ago and figured you'd gotten the place....I just re read the entire thread....

from me

Keep going, you're doing GREAT!

Heat sucks too....I really do wonder what the regulations and laws are like in Maui about firing people because they're sick or whatever....In Canada you can't be fired with a doctor's note unless you've been totally mucking up elsewhere....

I'm glad Mark is sticking this through He sounds like a good guy....he really does....he'll come around (If not I'll fly out there and beat him senseless ok? )

Megan
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Thats funny,mark has him moments where he gets frustrated with all of this,but he is allowed that as far as i see it,cause i would to if the tables were turned.This office used to be all open,most hawaii hotel lobbys are,but when jim my boss took over he had glass windows put in,which i prefer actually IF the palce has central air,like right now,i am sweatin my ass off,mark doesnt get that cause he works outside,but there is a difference when you work outside,first off you dress for it,2nd you have air flow.I have a desk fas and ceiling fan,which is not even over my desk,and i have to wear pants,the thermo read 89 righr now in here.I am gonna ask him about buying one of these for behind the counter here.I will let doc know,also i am not depressed and i told her that,i have anxiety issues,but she said the wellbutrin works for both,i dont want a pill for everyday life maybe somthing every now and then when i am having a bad day with anxiety if not i will just start learning how to re train my thinking,but yeah i feel good today except for the heat,,i also think that is why i start dozing off at work like i have been to.I will let mark know he will get a beat down if neccesary.Well that is an air purifier but it looks like that picture
Attached Images

Old July 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM
The demons' servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiho View Post
Thats funny,mark has him moments where he gets frustrated with all of this,but he is allowed that as far as i see it,cause i would to if the tables were turned.This office used to be all open,most hawaii hotel lobbys are,but when jim my boss took over he had glass windows put in,which i prefer actually IF the palce has central air,like right now,i am sweatin my ass off,mark doesnt get that cause he works outside,but there is a difference when you work outside,first off you dress for it,2nd you have air flow.I have a desk fas and ceiling fan,which is not even over my desk,and i have to wear pants,the thermo read 89 righr now in here.I am gonna ask him about buying one of these for behind the counter here.I will let doc know,also i am not depressed and i told her that,i have anxiety issues,but she said the wellbutrin works for both,i dont want a pill for everyday life maybe somthing every now and then when i am having a bad day with anxiety if not i will just start learning how to re train my thinking,but yeah i feel good today except for the heat,,i also think that is why i start dozing off at work like i have been to.I will let mark know he will get a beat down if neccesary.Well that is an air purifier but it looks like that picture
He's allowed to have his moments yes...but hey since the threat's coming from a 100 pound chick who lives an entire continent away with her parents and NO money....well he definitely needs to live in fear

About the pill thing....I know you don't want to be dependent on it for the rest of your life...but maybe your body will just need it for a little while? Before it gets balanced out again...I mean these pills have got to be better than the stuff you were abusing before....right?

Hope your boss listens to you....You'd think there'd be rules about it how its not supposed to be any hotter than a certain amount? LOL if he doesn't listen just keep passing out he'll have to give in eventually

Lots of hugs and awesomeness heading your way

Megan
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

That was funny,KEEP PASSING OUT,no kidding huh!Well it for sure is the heat,because same thing today ,10:00 til actually right now,i am cookin in here,i will mention it to him monday,.I have never threw up because of heat,but i know that after today it was that,because i will be totally just covered in sweat(gross i know)but it is hot as hell here right now,and to be in a room like this is a joke.I dont know about the pill thing,yeah the better for you in the sense of being non addicting and not fun like vics were(just kidding)i am gonna stay off of them til i see her again..Thanks for your laughs.