Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Kitty Caps Nail Caps

I am going to be going away on vacation and I'm trying to think of what to do with my kitten while I'm gone. I don't want to just leave her alone and have someone come over once a day to feed her because she will be so lonely - she's used to having me home throughout the evening and she cuddles with me at night when we sleep. I know I need to break our routine because I feel guilty even leaving her one night let alone an entire week or even a weekend. If I were to do a weekend only away I was considering buying one of those automatic food feeders that you program the times throughout the day for food to dispense (up to 5 days) but I'm scared if it malfunctioned kitty would have no food. I'd like to leave her with a family member but they don't want their furniture scratched/ripped so I need to find a solution. Has anyone tried using the kitty caps? Do they really work? I can't imagine trying to get these on your pet not to mention how they would come off since they are actually glued on but I need to think of something. Any suggestions would be appreciated - thank you.
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Could not one of your family-members stay with her in your place??

It's also not a given that she will scratch the furniture,but maybe they have a room,where they don't worry too much about the furniture.

What I have heard,those caps are not that great,you could just trim her nails,be careful with the quick.
Please DO NOT even consider declawing..Good Luck!
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Skitter my first cat used to stratch my furniture a little but after getting her more stratch posts and cardboard boxes then she knows what to do with, I haven't seen her stratch.

When I worked at fast food I would take the tops of tomato boxes and the bottoms from bottled water and she loves to sleep in and scratch them, as long as you don't mind the shredded cardboard... Many places such McDonalds and Tim Horton's have lots of these things on a daily basis.

Last edited by sassylemon; November 18th, 2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: to add