Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st, 2005, 03:57 AM

I can see the train wreck coming...

I've been living in Korea for 4 1/2 years now in a smaller city with about 100 foreigners (people not from Korea). I was probably one of the first in the city to own a dog (i have three). Now, it seems like there are many foreigners who think it is a good idea to buy a dog. I know most of the people who own dogs and we usually hang out on the weekends in the park.

One of the new guys recent "aquired" a dog and has no idea what to do with it. He's generally not home for long periods and the poor little guy stays home by himself (a white Shi Tzu with light brown markings). The owner scolds the dog for peeing on the floor (i haven't suggested crate training for fear that the dog would wind up in a cage all day) and the last time I met him, he says that he wants to get rid of the dog but can't find anyone to take it.

The problem is that most foreigners won't take the dog because they generally stay here in Korea for only a year and most Koreans won't take a "second hand dog"....especially one that is no longer a cute puppy.

The problem is that I think he might ask me to take the dog. The truth is that I cannot take him because I have three already. However, not taking him is more painful because this dog is absolutely adorable.

Short from asking if anyone knows anybody in Korea looking for a Shi Tzu, any thoughts on this situation???
SoJu - Shi Tzu
Cafri - Pint Size Dalmation