Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old March 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Free The Animals

I have no choice but to give him away...

"I have no choice but to give him away. I am allergic, and need to give him away as soon as possible. If I charge a fee, it lessens my chances of someone adopting him. If you know anyone, please send them my way."

This is the response I got after e-mailing someone about the risks in running an ad offering a free cat.

Anyway, the cat is a few months old and needs a new home apparently. I don't know what the cat looks like or what it's sex is but if anyone is interested I can e-mail this person to find out.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM
banned user

Can't someone you know take in this guy for a bit just until you can find a proper home for him?
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe I've got DDTP (Dumbness Due To Pregnancy), but I completely do not understand this post..... I don't get it.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
banned user

From what I get, Katze saw an ad that had a cat for free and she responded by saying you shouldn't give animals away and this is the response she got
Quote:
"I have no choice but to give him away. I am allergic, and need to give him away as soon as possible. If I charge a fee, it lessens my chances of someone adopting him. If you know anyone, please send them my way."
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM

LoL, Sammiec, although I am no longer pregnant, I was starting the think I was suffering from the same syndrome, I was totally lost reading this thread, until someone was kind enough to explain it to me!
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Free The Animals

Sorry, maybe the post is not clear. It begins with a quote from an e-mail response I got from someone who had posted and ad for a free cat on a free classified site. I had answered to her ad by explaining the risks involved in offering pets for free.
Anyway, I have no way to help this kitty by providing temporary lodging because I am allready overloaded with kitties. That is why I posted here.
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

*sigh* they just don't get it. The type of person who would take this kitten only if it's free is NOT the person you want having it! Will they get it spayed/neutered, or anything else that costs money?

I do know someone who is looking for a kitten under 5 months old, preferably with long hair.

Katze, can you have this person email me at laurent376@hotmail.com??