Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 8th, 2005, 09:29 AM

More Pics of the new Dogue

I cannot get over how much he looks like Angel. They could pass as siblings!
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM

Last one I promise

well until he is home that is LOL
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

He is sooo cute! Angel looks bigger than he is! Is she??
Old February 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Contributor

What do you mean 'last one, I promise'

Pleeeease keep 'em coming....both your poochs are soo gorgeous!!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old February 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Red face

I can't wait until you get him home, and you can share pic's of the two together, I can just imagine the size difference between them.

He is so gorgeous, I want one!!
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

He is such a cutie love that face
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Very handsome! Soon we will have to create a forum of Dogue pics....

Is there a reason that you're not responding to my PM's?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow! What a magnificent dog! (Dogue!)

When did Angel get spayed? Did everything go well?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM

Nice pic.
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:33 PM

For Lucky

I had Angel at another vet that had talked to me about a different kind of anesthetic used for dogs of her type and that it was safe. Everything went just fine and she is doing great.
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm still wondering if you can show me the thread where you mention that Angel got spayed...you said it was here some where, but I can't seem to find it... do you mind sending me in the right direction!?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM

sammie

What is up with you? Why don`t you just leave it alone? I have nothing to prove to you, and why is it you are the only one needing any further clarification that she is spayed?
I posted a long time ago that I had to find another vet that would do it, I finally did find one that I was comfortable with and had it done. Now will you just drop it?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Why are you getting so upset. I simply asked a question. You told me that I was stupid because I don't read the posts before asking questions... then I ask to see the post.. but you tell me to back off?? I don't get you?? Unless you have something to hide, what's your problem... I didn't do anything!!
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:57 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogueLover
I had Angel at another vet that had talked to me about a different kind of anesthetic used for dogs of her type and that it was safe. Everything went just fine and she is doing great.
That's great news. Glad little Angel is fine. What about the hormone/false pregnancy thing, was that anything serious?

Can't wait to see pictures of "the twins" together.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

anesthetic differences

Can you share with us the different anesthetic type and procedure. I lost my BMD during routine castration surgery and have been gathering as much knowledge as possible on this subject in order to never have to go through this again without at least a good solid foundation of procedures. It would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Senior Contributor

what the...

Quote:
I'm still wondering if you can show me the thread where you mention that Angel got spayed...you said it was here some where, but I can't seem to find it... do you mind sending me in the right direction!?

why would you be so curious? Isn't the important thing that the dog is fine and all went well? Stick to the point and stop **** disturbing!!
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Don`t know the exact name

I had to take Angel to a city vet and they deal with more breeds including molossers so they know that because of the brachial thing ( sorry I am not a vet so the terms are a little less techinical) there are some types of anesthetic that are dangerous to be used with dogues and other brachial type dogs. I am sure if you ask a vet they can tell you what the anesthetic is called. I don`t know for sure and didn`t ask what it was called.
I am so sorry that you lost your dog doing the procedure that was supposed to be better for him. That is very sad. Our neighbours had the same thing happen to their chow chow. She was taken in to be spayed and had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic and she died on the table. My neighbour was devastated.
Like I said I am not a vet but if your regular vet doesn`t know which is safe ( as mine didn`t) you need to keep contacting vets until you find one knowlegdable enough to explain it. That is what I did, I am sure I talked to at least 50 vets until one knew what I was talking about and had worked with the breed before.
There is always a risk when you put your dog under, that is why most vets make you sign a waiver form, and unfortunately you wouldn`t know if your dog is allergic or will react differently to the anesthetic until it happens.
Has anyone else ever had their dog die under anesthetic? I just wonder if this happens often.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
You told me that I was stupid because I don't read the posts before asking questions....
Twinmommy, that's why I was asked...
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor

I"ve been lucky and never had a pet die under anesthetic, not even my rat.

Quote:
Like I said I am not a vet but if your regular vet doesn`t know which is safe ( as mine didn`t)
I find that shocking in the extreme that a vet wouldn't know something so elementary and basic!

If he operates on anything but young and healthy animals, he must lose a lot of patients and it's hard to believe he's still practicing.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:33 PM

Don`t sweat it Twinmommy

Sammie, I am just curious why this is such an issue for you............ I mean wasn`t your original lynching about me getting her spayed and not being a byb??
I don`t understand why you alone have to question further what you had wanted in the first place. You and I will not see eye to eye and for a few reasons.
I know that this site is very pro spay/neuter and knowing that my kids ARE should be enough don`t you think.
If you read this post you will see that I have nothing to hide, and that I did what is expected of me........ so can you just get off it?
This thread is about my new dogue for my hubby, and friend and playmate for Angel. Will you just lay off now and let people enjoy the pics and info about my dogues?
I deal with a lot of people who are considered "abrasive" in the line of work I do part time. Don`t make me come to the conclusion that you are one of them and deal with you like I do them.
If you are here to enjoy the pics fine, if not, please don`t spoil it for those who are. If you cannot be happy for me then just don`t say anything at all.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:37 PM

I agree with you Lucky

Our small town vet would rather butcher cows than deal with small animals. He doesn`t like even giving shots so I guess his logic is if he doesn`t know you will take your dog elsewhere and he can do his thing with large animals.
I don`t understand it because I think there would be more money to be made in a small animal practise but that`s his peroggative.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
I"ve been lucky and never had a pet die under anesthetic, not even my rat.

I find that shocking in the extreme that a vet wouldn't know something so elementary and basic!

If he operates on anything but young and healthy animals, he must lose a lot of patients and it's hard to believe he's still practicing.
I spent a large amount of money trying to find out the cause of death. It ended up being concluded as Massive Coronary with lack of oxygen due to lung constriction as being the only things they could tell me. The head pathologist at St. Hyacinthe tried everything to get a conclusion for me and it boiled down to the dog being frozen after death and no viable bloodwork to prove negligence. Tissue samples were sent to some of the top people in the usa as well but they couldn't help. So this vet lives on and does surgery unscathed after his kind delivery that he had "medium news" for me over a cell phone while driving my small children back from groceries. A day I will not forget as long as I live. I've enclosed his photo on the morning of the surgery when I had him out to play in the snow one last time.

Sorry Doguelover, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Last edited by BMDLuver; February 8th, 2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: resized photo
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM

No worries BMD

Sometimes the most interesting information comes out where you least expect it. Like I said I am not a vet but it did take me some time to find one that had worked on molossers and knew what the best route was. That being said, there is still no guarantees that any dog will NOT have an allergic/ adverse reaction to anesthesia and that is really scary.
I`m so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine what I would have done if that had happened to me.
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:59 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogueLover
Our small town vet would rather butcher cows than deal with small animals. He doesn`t like even giving shots so I guess his logic is if he doesn`t know you will take your dog elsewhere and he can do his thing with large animals.
I don`t understand it because I think there would be more money to be made in a small animal practise but that`s his peroggative.

Sad but true..........some vets don't give a s**t! There was one vet who worked at the clinic I go to and he couldn't care less about any animals! The guy was a complete jacka** towards animals! I heard he kicked a horse farmer's dog because the dog was barking at him! Thank God he doesn't work there anymore! He definitely wasn't in the profession for the love of animals!

Doguelover, sorry for hijacking your thread
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
banned user

Aww, BMDLuver that is so sad :sad: about your Bernese Mountain Dog. He was a real cutie. It's a pity that you never found out the "why". Look at it this way though, you have 3 beautiful dogs now. All happy & healthy.

Hugs & Kisses to Guiness, Jackie & Brandy.
Attached Images

Old February 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Don`t worry about it

As I said before guys, don`t worry about it sometimes the best info comes from a source we least expect it to .
If this thread will help anyone not have to deal with the loss of a pet due to a vet not knowing or caring then that is a bonus!!

I`ll post more pics when he is at home.

Old February 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM

Talking Gorgeous!

This was also a breed we looked into and were debating on. Yours is gorgeous. Congrats on the new addition. I just love the Dogues. Turner and Hooch kinda pushed me over the edge with my love of the breed. Hooch is just gorgeous in my eyes and your new man is his twin. Congrats
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

BMDluver, I'm so sorry you lost that gorgeous baby in such an unnecessary way.
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Senior Contributor

BMD, I am so sorry about you're guy! That's very sad... the poor thing!

Old February 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy
Look at it this way though, you have 3 beautiful dogs now. All happy & healthy.
Some of you already know and some don't. Unfortunately I will not have Guinness or Jackie with me very shortly. They are posted on our petfinder site to find them new homes. As a result of my involvement in rescue, my home life has crashed and burned. I was given an ultimatum on Saturday and in the best interests of my two daughters I must rehome two dogs of someone else's choosing. This is not something I wish to do but need to do in order to maintain some sort of balance for the kids. I am not in a financial place to do otherwise. This saddens me greatly as I feel like I am letting go of a part of me. I'm posting this just so all of you know and don't wonder wtf is going on. Thanks and sorry again for hijacking this thread, it seems to be happening without meaning to do so.