Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 27th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Cat Lover

15yr. old Katie crossed the bridge today

..just wanted to post up that my Katie crossed the bridge today safely under the care of her vet and her people. She had multiple health problems and her time was here. She had a beautiful life with me, running, hiking, swimming, walking..well I mentioned she was a BC so the list could go on and on..and on.
We both shared a wonderful 15 years, good, bad and everything else in between it's hard to believe she's gone. Wishing everyone here a great day with your own animals and give them all a pat for me..it's all over so fast.
See her tribute here:

http://www.pets.ca/petsites/viewcemetery.php?petid=2537
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

How sad, but it sounds like you gave her - and she gave you - a beautiful 15 years. Pretty good longevity for a BC, isn't it? I loved your tribute, she was a gorgeous animal. Were you able to bury her?
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I"m so sorry you lost your Katie, but she was such a lucky girl to have a long happy life and to be so loved. She will always live in your heart.

R.I.P. Katie.
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Kitty Mum

Katie was such a gorgeous dog. It sounds like you both shared a wonderful life together with beautiful memories. My heart is with you during your days of mourning.
Old November 28th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Cat Lover

Thank you all

Thanks for all your notes of condolences..it does mean so much to me. I did not choose to have her body buried instead I am making a collection of photos to remember her by. I was lucky to have such a devoted dog and to have such amazing memories of her. It hurts now but I know she is with my other two dogs, Rusty who died at 16 also a collie but rough and Roger who passed away at 10, he was a Dobie so a little shorter life span on average *sigh*. My miniature poodle Mikey is having a hard time with it so I'm giving him lots of treats and extra attention. Every time I have to say good bye to a dog or a cat friend I vow to "never again" but..well you all know how that usually ends up. One day I will consider another cat to fill my life but my double dog days are over now..thanks again for the replies.
Old November 28th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Sammi

Oh Marrielle! I'm sooo sorry :sad: , {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} what a beautiful girl. We all know how hard it is to say goodbye, but atleast you have alot of fond memories.
Give Mikey some time, as I'm sure you know, animals do grieve.
Old November 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Cat Lover

Canine grief

Mikey is doing a little better today..I took him out for a long game of retrieve and a walk. He ate well today and sat nicely to have his teeth brushed so that was a good sign. I have been through canine grief and they all respond differently. Mikey is clingy now but eating and playing...
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Marielle,she was one absolutely beautiful dog,I bet she got a lot of admiring glances.She did live more years than other BC's,but it never seems enough,I wish they could live as long as we do.. :love:
I would love you to share some of her pictures wih us and of course of little Mikey... Hugs to both of you :love:
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM

Hi Marielle,

My consolences for your loss. I know all to well that terrible pain. Your greatest consoloation though, is the knowledge that you gave your puppy a wonderful life.
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Cat Lover

Thank you chico and Dwight

She was a beautiful collie...she could outrun any dog anywhere. She loved tearing it up in deep snow through the fields in winter..a very cool dog. I tried to attach an image but it didn't work so I'll try it if there's a photo thread here..
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Cat Lover

New photo

http://www.pets.ca/petsites/membered...41ab6273319b5c

I tried to post a new photo of Katie but changed her tribute instead..this one is Katie tearing through fields :love:
Old November 29th, 2004, 10:39 PM

She was a real beauty and it looks like she could fly like the wind ...