Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old December 11th, 2005, 12:07 AM

Good news?

This is going to be hard for some considering what we pittie owners have had to put up with in the last couple of months, however, as the holiday spirit is upon us, I wanted to hear some good news. Lets focus on the positive for a couple of weeks. We are not giving up the fight, but quite frankly.....I'm tired. Need some good news stories for awhile.

Let's share some funny stories about our babies. I'll start.

Well, Kayla seems to have figured out that if she sticks her nose into the snow, and burrows along like a mole, she can fill up her muzzle with snow and somehow manages to stretch it until it pops off. She has turned 15 dog owners in an off leash park into laughing fits. She's totally comical about the way she does this.
All the other dogs are running around cavorting, and she is digging a tunnel to China with her nose, or ramming it up into the crotch of innocent bystanders, hoping they will take it off. We are making friends!

Me and Kayla
Old December 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Chloe does the same "bulldozer" thing! She does it in snow or leaves and it's hilarious, especially the snorting that goes with it! She reminds me of a pig rooting for truffles!

Here she is in my yard - head buried and ready to go!!
Attached Images

Old December 11th, 2005, 03:31 PM

Ah, the dreaded "bulldozer." If I concentrate really hard, I can almost remember a time when there was grass in my backyard.

Mine usually starts off like in Lucky's picture, but then flops on his side and starts flailing his legs, digging and turning as he goes. It reminds me of that thing Curly, from the Three Stooges, used to do (laying on his side, running in a circle).
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Mine usually starts off like in Lucky's picture, but then flops on his side and starts flailing his legs, digging and turning as he goes.
That's Sprint, but with tall grass. When we are walking near tall grass, he pulls me towards it, then "bulldozes" his way to find the perfect spot. Then he does this half somersault thing and lands on his back, really hard (it must hurt, but he seems to like it). Then flails about like he is having a seizure. Quite the character.
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamadg
That's Sprint, but with tall grass. When we are walking near tall grass, he pulls me towards it, then "bulldozes" his way to find the perfect spot. Then he does this half somersault thing and lands on his back, really hard (it must hurt, but he seems to like it). Then flails about like he is having a seizure. Quite the character.
Good to know we are not alone in this, and great pic. Next snowfall, I'm going to try to get some pics of Kayla doing the same thing.

Another funny thing she has just started, is when she is trying to alert us to someone or something outside, instead of barking right away (she saves that for later), she makes these really weird noises like she is trying to talk to us. It sounds like a sick moose in the wilds. Is this another pittie trait?

Me and Kayla
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and Kayla

Another funny thing she has just started, is when she is trying to alert us to someone or something outside, instead of barking right away (she saves that for later), she makes these really weird noises like she is trying to talk to us. It sounds like a sick moose in the wilds. Is this another pittie trait?

Me and Kayla

Hey, Trigs (pittie), does that too! He started out by just kind of an mmmmm sound, not a whine, and not a growl either, sometimes he'll add a yip, if there's a cookie involved. From this we taught him to say mama, he's very good at it now.
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
she makes these really weird noises like she is trying to talk to us. It sounds like a sick moose in the wilds. Is this another pittie trait?
Yes, Chloe does that too. I've never heard such a weird assortment of moans and groans and other sounds from any dog! She's at her worst when I have company.

Quote:
Then he does this half somersault thing and lands on his back, really hard
Wow. I'd like to see that!! Craaaaazy dogs!!!