Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 18th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Just a few random shots.

I haven't been taking too many pictures lately because 1. I don't like the quality I'm getting from my camera, and 2. I've got so many picture files on my computer, I need to get them organized before I add any more.

I did get a few today I thought I'd share.

I love this one of Maks.

They do this a lot in reverse.

Here's Vlad and Oksana enjoying a plate of scrambled eggs this morning.

BTW, does anybody know if giving them eggs daily bad? I've been making myself breakfast before work lately and I have been giving them their own plate of eggs too. But now I'm wondering if eggs every day is bad for them.

And here's my big boy being his handsome self.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Contributor

it has been a while since weve seen ure crew

love the pics...love the last one, i just wanna smooch his face!!!

and the first one of maks

no idea bout the eggs, i give mine some eggs every once in a while too tho

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Those are great pics.I like the one of Maks.
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys. That picture of Maks is one of my new favorites.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I love your kitties!

I dont think egg will cause any harm. It should be great for there skin and fur though! I am going to start giving keely egg.
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Babymomma.

Yeah, I'm thinking egg should be bad for them, but it's always good to ask others what they think. I'm going to have a look on the net.

So far the only ones even going near the eggs are Vlad and Oksana.

ETA: Okay I just found this. Looks like an egg a day is okay.

http://www.k9magazinefree.com/k9_per...iss17p12.shtml

An egg a day okay
for pets: experts

WHOLE eggs (raw or cooked) fed daily to pets offer numerous health benefits, according to Dr Ian Billinghurst B.V.Sc (Hons), Bsc. Agr, Dip. Ed, Australian veterinary surgeon, author and long-time advocate of feeding raw whole food to pets.

His claims are supported by local veterinary surgeon Dr Alex Melrose (B.V.Sc., M.R.V.C.S.) of Herne Bay Vet Clinic, who refers to eggs as 'natural health food for cats and dogs'.

Says Dr Billinghurst, "Eggs are an ideal food to feed cats and dogs, being affordable, nutritious, whole foods with the ability to markedly enhance your pet's health.

"They are a healthy, natural 'fast food' without additives or preservatives, that have formed part of animals' diets for years."

He adds: "An egg a day dropped into the feed bowl is an easy, logical and healthy complement to the artificial diets currently fed to most pets. The simple addition of a whole raw or cooked egg will contribute enormously towards alleviating the numerous degenerative and other diseases caused by modern processed pet foods."

Eggs add high quality protein - essential for body building and enhanced immune system health, essential fatty acids for immune, hormonal, skin, kidney, heart, liver, reproductive, coat and brain health.

They assist in brain health and hormone building, with phospholipids for the health of every cell in the body, choline for brain and liver health and vitamin A for bone health, immune system and mucous membrane health, among other valuable nutrients.

Eggs also contain vital anti-oxidants, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which help protect the eye and reduce the effects of ageing, which is accelerated by poor modern diets.

"These antioxidants play a vital role in reducing the risk of retinal degeneration and cataracts, both of which cause blindness in our older pets."

Dr. Billinghurst points out that eggs are a vital ingredient and play an essential role in the raw whole food diet he advocates, as outlined in his books Give Your Dog a Bone, Grow Your Pups With Bones and The BARF Diet.

Local vet Dr Melrose agrees: "The humble egg should take centre stage in the diet of the modern pet, no matter what else is being fed. This simple, great value but extraordinary whole food can play a leading role as a 'functional food' for any modern cat or dog.

"Whether fed as part of a natural food diet or added to modern processed foods, an egg a day will help maintain well-being and assist in preventing illness in both cats and dogs."