Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old March 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

If anyone has any ideas on how to trap one very very sneaky little lady please post them here!! Not live trap, netting, drop trap, nets, grabbing. They have ALL been tried. Any other brain storms we'd appreciate.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM
-

WOW .....she is one street smart lady for sure.

I have no suggestions .....just lots of for everyone trying so hard to catch her.
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Senior Contributor

She is such a gorgeous little lady...not the one I would have picked out at the beginning as being the most elusive... to you Sweetie and those who are really trying to help.

One good thing does come to mind...if the people who know what they are doing are having such a hard time catching her....the idiots on the other side will never succeed!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
~Cat Servent~

oh geez those pics make me even madder.... reminds me of the set up I left for the ferals I was feeding in the ghetto apartments I lived in, left all the big rubbermaid boxes I had set up for food and made a deal with the girl moving into my apartment to keep them there and I would bring food...went with the food one day and found out the landlord just took them all and put them in the dumpster... I feel for those that worked so hard to make those shelters and care for those cats...to see some jerk wreck all that heart and hard work.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,that makes me so mad,I am in tearswhat absolutely heartless,evil jerks
I hope no harm came to little HM
All the money,dedication and hard work these wonderful people put in to shelter these kitties,destroyed....even if only HM is left,those shelters could have been used,if not there,somewhere else.

I don't suppose the police have checked on the area ever now and then,feeding Coyotes is against the law,as is cruelty to those cats,while they were there.
Old March 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Senior Contributor

those pics make me very sad. To think there are humans in the world that have NO passion or empathy for living creatures that aren't hurting anyone or anything.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Senior Contributor

What a bunch mean @ssed pieces of trailer trash, scum sucking dirt bags...I hope HM gets caught soon.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
-

Stay safe tonight HM.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
-

Half Mask this morning.....she's still out there.

Name:  HM.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  108.2 KB
Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
-

This is Frederic March...he showed up this past week....probably dumped

He was tame enough to pickup and put in a carrier

Name:  FM.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  55.5 KB

He is currently at the Vet's for blood tests........and snipping

Name:  Freeric March.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  66.6 KB
Old April 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM

Huh, that last pic actually got some giggles out of me Progress, considering that rest of the story got me fuming and swearing like a lunatic
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleolicious View Post
Huh, that last pic actually got some giggles out of me Progress, considering that rest of the story got me fuming and swearing like a lunatic
Fleolicious - if you check out their page on FB you will find lots of good stories. Slowly homes are being found for these cats. A lot are being fostered together in the basement of someone's home. Some are being fostered by twos in people's houses. A few have been fortunate to have found their forever homes. At the moment there is only one who is still at the Bluffs. She is proving difficult to catch. Little bugger.
But, there will always be more dumped. That's where March came from two nights ago. J from the Bluffs was telling me today over the years she has rehomed approx 60 cats/kittens from the Bluffs.. cats people just dumped. Sometimes they would bring a whole litter down and just leave them. She managed to find most homes.
They are a special breed of person there. We all could take a lesson or two from them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Yep that picture cracked me up. Looks like he is saying...."YOU WANNA DO WHAT TO MY WHAT?" LOL

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
-

That's one of my fave FB pages 14+...

It's my "I need some proof that there is humanity in humans" fix !
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
That's one of my fave FB pages 14+...

It's my "I need some proof that there is humanity in humans" fix !
It's my feel good page too MX3. Gives me faith there are still some wonderful people out there. I've been lucky enough to meet a few of them when they brought Cheshire and Bonnie to me. Marvelous people who do marvelous work.

Old April 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Fleolicious - if you check out their page on FB you will find lots of good stories.
Oh, I know, I'm reading it for happymaking too... all the guys and girls on the rescue team there are amazing. But the fact that it ever had to come to that? Fuming and swearing and hating people.

So you took two of the kitties after all? Bless your heart
Old April 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

My favorite place too for sure,I just hope and thy will get Halfmask before something happens to her,she is an absolutely stunning little girl.

I cannot really find a word that describes how I feel about the group of people who have taken care of the Bluffer-Cats for years,all I can say,I LOVE them for what they do.
The same way I feel about our own cat-rescuer 14+ and others who foster and help out,I do nothing and I wish I could.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:17 PM
~Cat Servent~

You do plenty Chico...you are always here to cheer on those who do rescue and listen when they have hardships...sometimes that's what they need the most...support!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
My favorite place too for sure,I just hope and thy will get Halfmask before something happens to her,she is an absolutely stunning little girl.

I cannot really find a word that describes how I feel about the group of people who have taken care of the Bluffer-Cats for years,all I can say,I LOVE them for what they do.
The same way I feel about our own cat-rescuer 14+ and others who foster and help out,I do nothing and I wish I could.
Your support and kind words help more than you think, chico , don't underestimate what that means to us

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleolicious View Post
Oh, I know, I'm reading it for happymaking too... all the guys and girls on the rescue team there are amazing. But the fact that it ever had to come to that? Fuming and swearing and hating people.

So you took two of the kitties after all? Bless your heart
Yep, I wish I could have helped them more by bringing in, what was it Judy said on the FB page, another half dozen or so. But I really don't have the space for them. I need to win that lottery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I do nothing and I wish I could.
Oh Bah Humbug!!! Look at Bailey. She would probably have long been gone to her Maker if you hadn't been looking after her. Look at all the birds you feed, the squirrels too. Look at you phoning the HS and getting involved when your neighbour closed the squirrels in his attic last year. Look at you feeding the strays you see around. Look at your cheering us on when something happens. Look at you!!

Old April 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww 14+,KD and L4H thank's,I do what I can
As for Bailey,I think I have opened the fathers eyes to her,I told him she gets excited when she sees his van in the driveway and he seemed impressed with her,has a softer attitude towards her..
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:43 PM
150% PRO S/N

So the travesty continues.......... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scarbo...60977317274323

Yesterday, Sunday, Easter no less, a lady was seen at the Bluffs taking a box out of her car and leaving behind some very tiny kittens. She then took the box which would have at the very least offered these babies some modicum of shelter, and drove off. Luckily someone saw her and checked out the area. The person found three kittens and was also lucky enough to know of a house to take them to.
This little one was found today........ quite a piece away from where the other three siblings were. I can only surmise he booted it quickly away from the others when he was dumped...... I can only thank the good Lord that these wonderful people didn't give up and continued to check for more kittens.
This stupidity has got to stop!! Please folks - spread the word about s/n. This is beyond contemptible.

Old April 25th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes I read that on FB also. Heartless biatch. I hope karma chews her @ss off.

Old April 25th, 2011, 11:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
Yes I read that on FB also. Heartless biatch. I hope karma chews her @ss off.

Or a coyote.....

Old April 26th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

This person must have a huge ice-cube for a heart

I did not read about the 3 on FB,just the one little sweetheart,I am so glad someone found him and the others...