Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 5th, 2014, 05:17 PM

Suggesting for Green Eyes when taking pics

When taking pictures with my Sony camera I often get green eyes (like red eye) in my puppy's eyes..

Anyone have recommendations as to how I can reduce this effect?

Any photographers on the site?

thanks

T
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:56 PM

What you are seeing is light being reflected off of a layer in the back of the eye.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HT...question/1288/

Best way to avoid this is to not use a flash when taking pictures of your puppy
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Some cameras also have a 'red eye reduction' setting where a flash goes off just before the shutter opens. That causes the pupil to contract so that when a second flash goes off just as the shutter opens the pupil is very small. That minimizes the reflection off those layers in the back of the eye. I've had limited success with it, though--so I usually shoot in bright enough light to not require the use of a flash.

On the other end of the process, some photo editors have a feature to fix red-eye and green-eye in an image.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 13th, 2014, 06:50 AM

I understand now why it happens.

Does anyone have any ideas for eay to use software to get rid of the green eyes?

Photoshop is simply too hard for me and the other programs that I have that do it automatically only have a RED eye setting (e.g., acdsee)

thanks
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:22 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I believe newer versions of photoshop elements have a 'green eye' feature for pet photography, but best to ask some questions before purchasing. I'm sure there are others that offer the same feature. If you find an editor you like that doesn't have the feature, here's a tutorial I found for how to fix eyes:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/red.../ss/peteye.htm

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:59 PM

thanks.

I was looking online but did not find any good programs which would easily remove green eyes.