Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 20th, 2004, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
Boris I suggest you tone down your anger and lose the sarcasm and snideness. Maybe then people may be willing to have a discussion with you.

This is a PET board, and someone who shows the contempt for animals that you do is not really welcome.
Contempt for animals? What in the world are you talking about?
Old August 21st, 2004, 02:23 AM

GoodKayla,

I'm sure you've already gotten many good responses, but I just wanted to mention one thing (I don't know if someone else has mentioned this), that puppies can go through a "fear stage" of being afraid of objects or noises (etc.) they previously wern't afraid of. My dog was fine about my rollerblades sitting on the shoe rack, up until about 7 months old or so when she was spooked to go anywhere near them. Or she became frightened of the bicycle outside chained up to the fence, and would bark at it madly while hiding behind me. If I tried to get her to check it out by going near it, she would try to drag me away from the area. She grew out of this with time though.

Good luck with figuring this out. By the way, very nice picture - she's a beautiful dog!
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:41 AM
banned user

Quote:
Contempt for animals? What in the world are you talking about?
I'm guessing that your comments (in the "declawing" thread) stating that you were eating cat while posting might have helped people arrive at this conclusion.
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I'm guessing that your comments (in the "declawing" thread) stating that you were eating cat
That, plus sneeringly labelling an entire breed as "cowards"(isn't that a rather subjective and overly emotional view??) and categorizing another species as "worthless" does make someone seem contemptuous in my books.

Of course, that's just MY opinion.
Old August 21st, 2004, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Eleven
GoodKayla,

I'm sure you've already gotten many good responses, but I just wanted to mention one thing (I don't know if someone else has mentioned this), that puppies can go through a "fear stage" of being afraid of objects or noises (etc.) they previously wern't afraid of. My dog was fine about my rollerblades sitting on the shoe rack, up until about 7 months old or so when she was spooked to go anywhere near them. Or she became frightened of the bicycle outside chained up to the fence, and would bark at it madly while hiding behind me. If I tried to get her to check it out by going near it, she would try to drag me away from the area. She grew out of this with time though.

Good luck with figuring this out. By the way, very nice picture - she's a beautiful dog!
Thanks for your input. I can relate to what you are saying cause my collie has only just started these wierd 'fear' obstacles over the past month or so. She is now 11 months and was just fine a couple of months ago. I am hoping time will see them thru as just part of puppyhood.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:50 AM

My little girl (6 1/2 months) is starting to go through the second fear stage too. A flat of soda cans, not where they were last night....needs to be barked at. The neighbour put his trash out last night....needs to be barked at this morning. We're not just talking "what's that mom?" type of barking. We're talking hackles up, growling type of barking. Looks funny, especially when she's barking at a fallen tree branch or something.