Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics

Closed Thread

Old February 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Banned Temporarily

Exclamation PLEASE help fast! URGENT

A rabbit just had a litter of babies in the last couple of days and she is throwing one out of the nest! It has been put back twice if she does it again should I take it and try to bottle feed? If so how do I do that, I have bottle fed puppies but it has been a while. Do I do it the same way the same amount of times! Please I dont want this baby to die!
Old February 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

she wants to let it die, she is throwing it out because it is sick and she does not want her other babies sick. baby bunnies have no way of surviving with human intervention until at least 2 months of age. otherwise your choice is to take it to be pts at a vet's office. this is natures natural selection and something is wrong with this baby.
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Banned Temporarily

I looked up some instructions on the internet and it gave me instructions on how to bottle feed, what to, how many times of day, and how much. I am going to atleast try. I checked on it again though and she has left it in the nest. I am not just going to let leave it for death. I dont have any vets in my area that specailizes in bunnies. Hopefully she keeps it though!
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
-

Nature is cruel sometimes so I would leave the rabbit alone.
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I feel the same as the OP, I couldn't just sit by and watch the baby die!!! Keep searching the net, do the best you can. I think they are like kittens, and you have to stimulate them after each feeding ( rub privates gently with a soft wet warm cloth) .

I wish you and the wee baby the best of luck, go baby go!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Here is how you make your own bunny formula

http://www.ehow.com/how_6192263_make...-formulas.html

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Unfortunately BMD is right,if the mother is pushing the baby out then there is something wrong with it. It may not be something as simple as you would wish,,it could be deformed internally,,brain damage,, etc etc. I may actually be cruel to prolong its life.
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

ok, seriously, you are endangering the rest of the litters lives, if she dumps it out, leave it or feed it yourself, do not put it back again but it will not make it so don't be surprised when it doesn't. Bunnies eat a specific formula that is extremely expensive, only comes from an exotic vet in powder form and obviously you won't have available. I get the wanting to try but I'm not clueless, I dealt with wild animals daily as well as domestic.