Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old September 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM

Shaykeija...I read that Jon has been ...at least that's what he supposedly told one of his 'many girlfriends'
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIL View Post
Shaykeija...I read that Jon has been ...at least that's what he supposedly told one of his 'many girlfriends'
from what i saw on the show i think kate did the job long before a surgeon did.
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

Speaking of cats, anyone recall both Jon and Kate saying they got rid of their two cats once she got pregnant with the twins? She said they "Traded cats for kids"...someone should trade her for something useful, like a rock
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTails View Post
Speaking of cats, anyone recall both Jon and Kate saying they got rid of their two cats once she got pregnant with the twins? She said they "Traded cats for kids"...someone should trade her for something useful, like a rock
So funny.

Anyone seen her on The View recently? Gag me with a wooden spoon. That woman is so obviously obsessed with fame and making a name for herself that her poor kids (and pets & home & family) have gotten pushed to the side. Everyone sees it but her.

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:53 AM

I'd be really happy never to hear the names Jon & Kate again. Unfortunately, Jon has moved to my city so I guess I'm going to have to look at his face in the gossip column of the New York Daily News. Now every time he farts he'll make the headlines.

Last edited by badabing; September 20th, 2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:28 AM

Anyone know what happened to the cat that was (living?) in their barn/shed when they moved to the new place?

I can't imagine it sticking around with all the noise.

I was worried about their dogs' welfare when I didn't see any evidence that they were going to spend time training them. I guess that would take time away from other activities...

Also, after one dog had abdominal surgery to remove a toy, Jon didn't try and keep it confined until it healed some. He just said "They're outside dogs..." and let them both out to tear around. The dogs didn't seem to be an important part of their family.

I hope the kids will eventually have a chance to learn that pets require consideration and commitment.

Can people with this many children be accused of "child hoarding"?

Just wondering.

~ Twocents
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Shaykeija you're funny !! Anyone who sells a dog to these people should be flagged, or reported or SOMETHING !

When we got Joey it was a pet adoption day at a small dog rescue. Another family was looking at him and the son was just a bit younger than my kids (who were in high school) and the rescue workers had been watching them and said "We won't let you adopt this dog." They didn't like the way the boy interacted with him. Something about his manner I guess. I don't know what he did but I think he was too aggressive or teased him or something but they just said "No you can't have him." I'm so glad they did that because then we were able to take him home.

My neighbors were turned away from a local shelter when they wanted to get a cat. The worker seemed to think they were getting it on a whim for their daughter and said that they would not let them adopt any of their cats or kittens.

Those poor dogs were just someone's idea of the plot line for that week. Too bad there wasn't anyone on the production team who could have talked them out of that one.
Old March 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Apparently the dogs are coming back home...don't know if that's good or bad, guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.peoplepets.com/news/celeb...nd-nala-home/1
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Contributor

You know...even rescue dogs do not go 'back' where they were discarded...

Just the discrepancy in what the kids were or were not doing, is enough for anyone now holding the dogs to refuse to give them back.

I personally feel bad for those dogs. They deserve much better.
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Guess she got a lot of backlash and is now feeling bad. Poor lady. Talk about having to be responsible!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Guess she got a lot of backlash and is now feeling bad. Poor lady. Talk about having to be responsible!!!
Exactly - why all of the sudden now..after all this time is there a change of heart? Where was that mentality when the dogs were carted off in that crummy broken down crate in the back of a truck?

You have to question the 'intent'...
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM

I blame that stupid family and that stupid TLC for the plight of those poor dogs. I always wondered what happened to them, after those idiots split up. I remember seeing previews of when Kate and her entourage got them--it made me sick. I also remember seeing segments of the show when the dogs where being shooed away because the queen was having a "picnic" outside with her offspring, and the dogs were "bothering" them. Jon put them in the kennel or something.

Someone should give them all a great big smack.
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Senior Contributor

What kind of breeder even gives 2 puppies to a family with that many little kids? Especially THAT family? Like it would have been hard to figure out what kind of family it is considering they have a TV show
I've never watched the show, but I've seen clips and enough articles, and wow.

It's hard enough getting 1 puppy from a reputable breeder. One that would sell 2 to them is questionable.

Maybe they thought they had enough money they'd at least hire people to take care of them properly. Guess not.
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBirdIsEvil View Post
What kind of breeder even gives 2 puppies to a family with that many little kids? Especially THAT family? Like it would have been hard to figure out what kind of family it is considering they have a TV show
I've never watched the show, but I've seen clips and enough articles, and wow.

It's hard enough getting 1 puppy from a reputable breeder. One that would sell 2 to them is questionable.

Maybe they thought they had enough money they'd at least hire people to take care of them properly. Guess not.
Probably the kind of breeder who thinks, "Yippee, I'll sell these puppies on tv and then I'll be able to put out a sign on my kennel that says 'as seen on Jon and Kate plus 8' and make a ton of money!"
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my goodness. Those poor dogs. It's too sad for words and the breeder should be shot for being an idiot but I guess that's illegal.
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Senior Contributor

i agree dog dancer poor dogs
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
I just came across this picture of Jon and the dogs on the day he packed them up and sent them away.

Is it just me, or is this absolutley disgusting? Look at the condition of this kennel - completley rusted out and bent in an odd shape. You would think that someone who was portraying to have 'loved his dogs' would've put time and some of that "hard earned money" into getting safe and new equipment for his dogs.

And HAY? Please. WTF, for real.
I would question if this is the real pic of the dogs--not because I think those idiots wouldn't do this, but because the media is always ripe for more gossip.
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM
-

I've never seen the show. It seems inane. Trolls come to mind.

Are any of the better known rescue & animal welfare organizations voicing their opinions against this farce? Anyone speaking against the breeder for returning the dogs to what seems to be a uncontrolled and possibly dangerous environment?

If there was a reality show where we could vote people off the planet and then watch them being jettisoned screaming into space, I'd get cable.

Oops...did I say that out loud?
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
I've never seen the show. It seems inane. Trolls come to mind.

If there was a reality show where we could vote people off the planet and then watch them being jettisoned screaming into space, I'd get cable.

Oops...did I say that out loud?

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Exactly - why all of the sudden now..after all this time is there a change of heart? Where was that mentality when the dogs were carted off in that crummy broken down crate in the back of a truck?

You have to question the 'intent'...
She wants to look good so she can get votes when she starts on "Dancing With The Stars" on the 22nd. Heaven knows she won't win any friends with all the pictures that come out with her smacking her kids.
I feel so sorry for those dogs going back into that environment. I sincerely hope they have a trainer for them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Senior Contributor

I think I would like to be Kates trainor....I would be using a big stick...

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL @ shay

I'm was sorry to see them break up, cause when then were together at least they didn't wreck two families!
I think they both deserved each other and they are both @sses! I saw her on the View and I just wanted to smack her! And Jon needs to grow up and stop blaming others for him being a I never watched the show but saw them on ET and other shows.

I'm glad those poor dogs are no longer living with them. I did notice too that it doesn't look like there is any water in their dish.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)