Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old February 9th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Thumbs down PETA is Murdering Thousands of Pets with Our Donations

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Old February 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Ya, I've seen that before. I'd rather give to WSPA or WWF instead. They actually do things to HELP the animals.
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:35 AM
-

Where is that person that was posting on here a little while ago saying that her daughter was involved with them. She should be reading this info.
Old February 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

well well well, no surprise there, i figured they would do something sooner or later. their methods have always been a bit odd (to say the least) and thier actions often infuriating, so its no surprise their dodgy.

the sad thing is this is a loud group, and many ppl out there looking for an excuse to hit out at animal activists will see this as a golden example, it sucks and they have done little if not put back the fefforts of hard working animal lovers everywhere...

i wonder how all those celebrities feel now, im sure alot of them only did it for the media attention, well they should be ashamed....

lets hope the ramifications of this stupid group will not affect those doing their tireless works and efforts...
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Free The Animals

Interesting to see the Norfolk limited admission, turn away, "no kill" criticising Peta's stance. http://www.peta.org/Living/AT-Fall2005/nokill.asp.
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Im so relieved to finally see them being exposed. I guess all activists will take some heat for a while but its got to be worth it to see this finally come out. They were the only "animal rights" group to come out in favour of BSL and you can see why now! MAybe the best thing that could happen is that the celebs etc. who are involved with PETA redefine the organization or start something completely new that really does reflect people for the ethical treatment of animals. The name was good. Too bad they didnt mean it!
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:06 PM

Peta does bring out the truth sometimes of the horrible acts that are done to animals by humans. HOWEVER aside from this fact peta does nothing to help animals. I don't find it much of a surprise that peta is commiting such horrendous acts. After all anything that tries to promote it's belifs by terror is undoubtly evil itself.
Trying to scare children into beliving their false facts, killing people who don't abide by their beliefs, and terrorizing innocents.
Hmmm sounds like these people are a friendly bunch lets trust them with some puppies, kittens, and a handful of cash!
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:32 AM

ummm...I really, really dislike PETA. Besides the fact they would like my dogs dead, they themselves are huge hypocrites.
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM

That whole Iams thing too. Iams hires the PETA undercover person as an animal health tech and the PETA person doesn't take care of the animals and blames it on IAMS. Loser.
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:25 AM

I don't know much about PETA since their not so prominent here in Montreal but I never liked their bully tactics either!

Do you think the website above is just a taste of their own medecine? Like the way they release propaganda or can it all be true?
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM

That's brutal. Am I right in understanding they kill animals in the belief that they are saving them from human cruelty?
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy_Mae
That's brutal. Am I right in understanding they kill animals in the belief that they are saving them from human cruelty?
I don't think so, I'm sure it's more money motivated.
Old February 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM

That's disturbing, but not entirely shocking. It doesn't surprise me that PETA is capable of that kind of cruelty.

There really aren't that many worthy animal protection agencies though. The WWF supports the Envoronmental Protection Agency's huge animal testing campaign known as the Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program.

We were gonna adopt an animal from the WWF as our Christmas charity at work a few years ago, but when we found out about this, we confronted them, and they didn't deny it.

IMO, I'd rather support local charities when it comes to animals....
Old February 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM

I don't know... Some tests are necessary. One of my profs studied hormones in fish up north, too. The fact is, with all the chemicals we're dumping in the water, some of them are disrupting biological processes in animals and causing their numbers to decrease dramatically. Without knowing exactly what we're doing to cause that decrease, we can't fix it.