Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old April 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
-

7 year old GSD needs a home (Quebec)

I wasn't going to open a thread for Jaid because she was suppose to get adopted at the end of march. Unfortunately for her , it didn't work out. :sad:

The rescue did have people interested in her but they want to find the PERFECT family for Jaid , you see , she has been moved around enough , through no fault of her own. She needs a family that will keep her and love her for THE REST OF HER LIFE.

She is good with dogs , with cats and with people. Don't let her age fool you , she's in amazing shape and needs exercise and stimulation as she is a working breed , and very intelligent I might add. Knows how to stay , sit , give paw , and speak on command !!! (found that out this week and I must say , I'm having fun with this command )

She needs a good quality food (she's on Orijen right now) and enzymes as she has pancreatic insufiency. The enzymes costs about $85 a month , but since I was running low and the rescue had to order it from the vet , she has been on half dosage for the past week and is doing quite well. That doesn't mean this will always be the case.

For any question please pm me so I can refer you to the rescue for adoption application.
Attached Images

Old April 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I have personally met her on 2 occassions, and let me tell you she is such a gem.
You would never believe she was 7, my guess maybe 3.
Good luck Jaid you deserve a great furever home.
Old April 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy,you have no idea how much I wish I could give that beautiful girl a home:sad:
Someone will come along and love her
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Good luck, Jaid!

Hopefully someone will come along who's just perfect for her soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM
-

I'm off to meet 2 potential adopters for Jaid. One of them is the family that were suppose to adopt her at the end of March. They still want her and it looks very promising.

will update when I (or we ) come back
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Goodluck today for both Jaid and you.
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Senior Contributor

for beautiful Jaid,what's there not to love with her
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

that they are the right family for Jaid

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

, and 32 crossed s for Jaid! I hope this works out for her. She's such a deserving girl!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:53 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Good luck to beautiful Jaid. Hopefully whatever was in the way at the end of March is no longer and obstacle and this family will be able to take her in forever.

Please keep us posted!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
-

Jaid is adopted !!!!!! She will still be with me for one more week as her new dad has a business trip this week. Jaid will have a GSD brother (adopted from the same rescue) to share her new dad with. Didn't take too long for him to fall in love with Jaid , and I've been told he spoils his other (goofy) GSD so I couldn't wished for a better home fo Jaid !

woohooo !!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all the good vibes guys !
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe Frenchy that is the best news I have heard in awhile! I am so happy that she is going to have a brother to spend her days with! Couldnt asked for a better situation!

Yay for another sucess story!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's so great, Frenchy!

for that beautiful girl, Jaid in her new home!!

Old April 11th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I am so happy it has all worked out in the end for Jaid. She truly was and still will forever be a sweetie. I will miss the talking back game, LOL, or the trying to watch a movie and have a drooly cuz always in my lap.
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottielover View Post
I will miss the talking back game, LOL, or the trying to watch a movie and have a drooly cuz always in my lap.
I packed the beloved pink Cuz this morning with her food in case she wasn't coming back to my place , of course she will be taking that Cuz with her. Nelly has another one and many kongs anyway.

I showed the rescue ladies and the future daddy how Jaid sits , gives paw and speaks on command. It always cracks me up

Chloe will feel relieve to be able to sleep at my feet without having a Cuz thrown at her face
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Excellent news! So glad that Jaid has found her forever home! And now Frenchy, you have one week left to spoil her some more

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old April 11th, 2009, 02:41 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Yahoozie

Way to go to all the people and especially Frenchy who were involved in saving the beautie's life

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy,that's great news for Jaid and you
So,she did not have to go back to the shelter after all,that's wonderful and beautiful"little"Nelly will have some peace
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Good job Frenchy!!! You always do such great work finding the right homes for your fosters!! Wonderful!!!
Maybe now you can concentrate a little more on you and Chloe.
Great work!!
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
You always do such great work finding the right homes for your fosters!!
Not anymore 14+ , the rescues for which I foster now are the ones who handle the adoptions. They're the ones who get the applications and do the screening. I only foster now , so I only deal with dogs and not people
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:32 PM
-

WOOO HOOO ....glad to hear that Jaid finally got the forever home she deserves.
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:17 PM
-

Good luck in your forever home Jaid , be a good girl !!!!

Wow , that's a first .... I drove Jaid to our meeting place this morning , the rescue's obedience classes building ....

People were asking me yesterday if I was going to be sad. I said no , first of all , I'm always happy when fosters get adopted , it's always by very good families. And , with everything going on at my house , and Jaid being .... needy (exercise wise) big time , I was glad to see her go to her forever home. As I was going to my car to get the food and toys , the new dad got in with his dog Jerry , so the dogs could meet.

I got back in , Jaid was on leash with the rescue lady , was pulling and then starting screaming OMG ! Totally ignoring Jerry . Everyone was looking at her , rescue lady says , it's because she just saw you (me) walk in .... I started to cry !!!! never would I have imagine that Jaid got attach to me. She was always following me but never to get affection , she was kind of independant , tough girl ! So they put her in another rom , in an exercise pen , everytime I would say something , she would scream her head off .... so we all thought it was better for me to leave. And so I did , in a hurry , without saying goodbye Jaid , it was too chaotic .... I was so shaking up ... forgot my leash

Will get updates and pictures from her new daddy

ouf , what a day !!!
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Compromised account

OMG, Frenchy, what an emotionally wrecking day! I am sure Jaid will be fine, and with time she will get attached to her new daddy, but no wonder she got attached to you! You took care of her!!

I hope you will have a nice peaceful evening, with your doggies!
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

That must have been awfully difficult for both of you. :sad:

But her independent attitude will serve her in good stead and she'll soon be happily getting to know Jerry and her new Daddy and fitting right in!

I hope he updates and sends pics frequently! Will you post them here, I hope?

Old April 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Frenchy,that must have been so very difficult,of course she got attached to you,you are such a good mom.
Hopefully she'll soon forget and be a really good dog with her new ownersso she does not end up back to the shelter
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM
You can call me DOG!

What an amazing thread Frenchy.

Jaid is so beautiful and it sounds like she will be equally spoiled as Jerry.

It must have been very difficult for you and can only commend you for your strength and love that you gave to not only Jade, but the entire rescue cause.

Make sure when your home to give all the little guys big smooches right between the eyes

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:01 PM
-

Aww, that must have been so sad for you.

Did you tell Jaid's daddy that we would love updates and pics of Jaid and his other GSD? He sounds like a great daddy and would fit in well here.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe Frenchy ! hugs to you mf! You have once again made a difference! and Jaid went to her forever home and thats all you could ask for! the best part is she will have another doggy to be with because she is use to being in your pack! What a happy ending! and another success! Be proud! you did well! All those days when you wondered how to get through! well this is how!

How is the rest of the gang? I am really itching for a kitty fix you know! or at least an update!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I'm happy Jaid has gone to a wonderful forever home with another dog.That sure would have been a hard day by the sounds of things.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I'm sorry it was so tough hon. I understand completely. to you for the job you do.