Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Cat Dandruff?

Once again I have a question regarding my cat yohsi( the stray I took in a while back) I have gotten rid of the fleas I think anyway, when I checked her she had none and I have treated her twice, so when I was brushing her a while ago I noticed alot of dry skin coming off her, maybe that is why she is still scratching a bit. My question is, is there something I can give her in her food or on her skin to relieve this? I was thinking of taking a vitamin e capsule and putting it in her food, but I am not sure if this is ok for a cat, so I was hoping to get some advice from someone here. It seems that whenever I have a pet question everyone here is so helpful and I dont want to try anything that could hurt her in any way. BTW, both cats have been on rescue remedy for close to a week now and it doesnt seem to be helping yet, I will keep on giving it to them though until the bottle is finished, if it doesnt help I guess the two will have to tolerate each other, they dont fight, just growl, scream and hiss, sometimes it sounds like one of them is getting their butt kicked, but they are both too afraid of each other to get too close.This is a good thing. Im so glad I took this little darling in, she is so sweet and loves me to death, follows me all over the house, sleeps with me and loves to lay on me and make bread (kneading) but I am the only one she has seem to taken to, maybe cause she knows I'm her new mommy now, anyway enough babbling from me... I guess she has stolen my heart, she is laying on my lap purring as I type this with her big eyes staring up at me ahhhhhh :love: