Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old August 14th, 2006, 02:19 AM

I have a 10 month old tuxedo cat. Beautiful and spoiled. I believe in spaying and neutering, not declawing and would re-mortgage my home to save my pet. Vel
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:47 AM

Welcome, sound like you've joined the right forum ,sorry to hear your poor boy was shot with a pellet gun, how is he doing? Hope you find tons of helpful advice on the threads, look forward to seeing some pics of your
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Teeno's Recovery

Thank you kindly for your reply. Please excuse my "forum" know how I am new to all this. I just returned from the vets and they are pleased with the way the wound looks. Blood is coming back, but the road of recovery is long. At least 2 months. I am interested in finding out if anyone has had experience with this flesh eating virus. Teeno's wounds are devastating but he suffered none of the symptoms associated with this virus. I am thrilled to be talking to people who feel the same as I do about my animals. I am a firm believer in medical treatment for a sick animal, don't believe in de-clawing, makes me sick to see a dog chained up, and anyone who could deliberately harm an animal could just as easily harm a person. Vel
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM
-

Welcome Vel. You sound just like most of us here.

Glad to hear Teeno is recovering. Did you ever find out who did it?
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Skin eating virus-Teeno kitty

Great news, my boy is healing up fast. It is amazing. I thought that the open wound would scar over but it looks like it is closing. At present the area is only about one inch wide (one spot is about 2 inches) and has shrunk in length. The tissue is bright red and clean. Teeno is acting more like himself however, I find the little beggar alittle more "sucky". I bought him a goldfish for a get well present and its funny to watch him, bang his medical collar on the fish bowl as he watches "his new pet"swim around. I love my boy and am so glad the worst is over..........except the vet bill of course.
Vel
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM

Glad to hear everything is going better, poor boy having to wear a cone and how fun would that be to watch your new 'pet' swimming all day.Do you have to pack the wound so it will heal from the inside out? I think we should be moving now to pet health or general threads, hope to see you over there, keeping our and crossed for a speedy recovery
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:27 PM
-

Vel, that is good news.

Poor Teeno, that's OK if he's "sucky"....he deserves to be spoiled.

Did you ever find out who did it?
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:04 AM

Teeno's recovery

Sorry I haven't posted but have been concentrating on not only Teeno's recovery but my recent adoption of Boo (2 yr. old Leonberger). On that note, my husband from the first week of August up until 2 weeks ago had to clean the open wound on Teeno twice a day, (that was fun!!!!!)one of us had to hold him down on his side and the other made sure the water in the kitchen spray facet was tepid, and we had to spray the wound for about a good solid ten minutes in order to wash out puss. His wound is now completely closed, quite the scar I might add. The hair on his back (from being shaved to look for the pellet) has been slowly coming in and he has peach fuzz on his belly. He is back to normal...brat...bolts for the back door everytime he hears someone at it....
I never found out who did this to Teeno..........but I do believe in what goes around comes around.
Teeno and my new furbaby, Boo Boo are buddies and even play together. Its a riot to watch the two of them.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Vel,I am so happy to hear Teeno is ok now and he has a new BIG pal to boost
From your other post about Boo,I can see what a great person you are and I am sure Boo thinks she's on after enduring what must have been a horrible life.
I don't understand what kind of evil person would shoot a cat,but please try to keep him close to home from now on
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:31 AM

Ya Hoo vel, Glad to hear Teeno is doing better and getting back to his naughty self door dashers are the worst Like chico2 I have been reading about your new addition, what better back-up than a giant glad to hear their getting along so well
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:03 AM
-

I just found this post. Glad to hear that Teeno has recovered and he is getting along so well with Boo already.

Regarding Teeno's assassin I also believe "what goes around, comes around".
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:20 AM

Teeno kitty

:love: It's heart-warming to hear from so many people who are concerned about my Teeno.....I am just relieved that the worst of this is over. I can't begin to explain the emotional turmoil and helplessness I felt as Teeno was suffering. I can't figure how to get a pic on but can get the picture on as an avatar..........Typing on the computer is hard when you have a cat walking on the keyboard trying to catch the cursor......
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Thrilled that the worst is over and on to a great recovery and new friendships...