Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin loves it View Post
Multi Menu has a strict standard and is inspected by the AAFCO
AAFCO doesn't do inspections. They only come up with the so-called "standards" (which tend to be self-serving at best) that pet food manufacturers are required to follow as far as labeling and nutrition if they wish to get AAFCO certification. Personally, I don't see AAFCO certification as a selling point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin loves it View Post
Petfood recall prompted by cat deaths
24 November 2008
A gourmet imported petfood has been withdrawn from sale after an outbreak of chronic illness and death among Sydney cats.
This unfortunate situation was a result of Orijen being irradiated upon import to Australia, causing a change in the nutrients that negatively affected some cats. Not due to something wrong with the Orijen itself.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
AAFCO doesn't do inspections. They only come up with the so-called "standards" (which tend to be self-serving at best) that pet food manufacturers are required to follow as far as labeling and nutrition if they wish to get AAFCO certification. Personally, I don't see AAFCO certification as a selling point.

This unfortunate situation was a result of Orijen being irradiated upon import to Australia, causing a change in the nutrients that negatively affected some cats. Not due to something wrong with the Orijen itself.
Sorry, I meant to say HACCP and not AAFCO
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM

DESPERATELY need advise!

Hi, I am new on this forum and I was reading about all the discussions about MULTI MENU.... As I said in my introduction, I have a 1 1/2 year old female ladrador. I have had her for a little more than 10 months and since I have been giving her Multi Menu. First I started with the Evolution + additionnal tabs of glucosamine since she has a hip dysplasia.At the very beginning everything was going great! But after a while, she started shredding so bad!!!! I immediately called my Multi Menu rep for advise. He then told me she might have an allergic reaction. I then stopped giving her the glucosamine suppliments and changed her food to lamb and rice. Since I had no clue to which one she was reacting to, I choose to change both. She has been on Lamb and Rice formula for now 4-5 months with no problems. NOW..... for the past month or so she started shredding all over again and ALOT!!! I have to brush her at least twice a day , and I am still picking up a dog of hair in the house :-( Now my question to u all, should I go with a totally different brand and which one do you suggest? NEED ADVISE!!

Thanks so much!
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM

PLS Any Suggestions or advise!!!

After talking to my vet yesterday, she told me Moka might be shredding so much because it might be too dry in the house with all the heating.... She suggested I give her suppliments of Omega 3 before changing her dog food...

Any advise??!!

Ty!

Moka
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Multi Menu dog food

I am looking for a Multi-Menu distributer in Edmonton, Alberta...preferably someone in the west end. This is the only dry food my dog will eat and we're out but my distributer has left the business. Anyone on this forum a distributor?
Old July 30th, 2011, 12:05 AM

Have you tried contacting the company directly for a list of the closest distributers?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moka View Post
After talking to my vet yesterday, she told me Moka might be shredding so much because it might be too dry in the house with all the heating.... She suggested I give her suppliments of Omega 3 before changing her dog food...

Any advise??!!

Ty!

Moka

Moka, I just noticed your post from back in Dec. I hope you've considered changing foods for your Lab. Yes, heating in the house can dry a dog's coat, as it dries our skin and hair, but with a diet that contains grains and/or corn and any of the dubious ingredients many of already mentioned in this thread, that is most likely the cause of so much shedding. Do please try a kibble that has no grain at all and foods that are biologically appropriate to your dog, not full of questionable additives.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM

I've decided to change my pets food and did some price/quality shopping. I also prefer to shop Canadian when possible. I found "LIFETIME" by Nutreco and it's made right here in Ontario. The quality is way better than that other brand (corn free, wheat free, by product free) and the PRICE IS AMAZING! My pets love it!

Check it out. You can find it at Pet Value and Global Pets.

http://www.nutreco-pet.ca/
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:09 AM

ummmm

I have done a ton of research on multimenu because i sell it. My pets love it and the only thing I have EVER heard wrong with it is the fact that it has Yellow Corn Meal in it. How many pet food companies have the same standards as human food? any other brand only goes by ACCP Standards which is really just a guideline. Someone has actually made a pet food to the standards of ACCP and added used motor oil and an old boot in it and still passed... say that there is something wrong with it all you want but the question is do you eat corn????? because I love it!