Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM

Puppy Trouble

my just poop out a milk like substance!!! is that bad??????? i'm hand rearing puppies the my dog doesn't want to feed them.
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM
-

Have you contacted your breeder/mentor ......what does she/he have to say?

If you are a backyard breeder then I would be taking the puppies to your vet asap and getting the mom spayed right away as well.
Old December 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Well said these pups should see a vet asap.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Have you contacted your breeder/mentor ......what does she/he have to say?

If you are a backyard breeder then I would be taking the puppies to your vet asap and getting the mom spayed right away as well.
Merry Christmas.

I am sure the OP will NOT be back for any kind of follow-up and no further chance to educate. Unless, of course, she is the type to also post her opinion of you, no holds barred, and she will then be slammed for being rude.
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Merry Christmas.

I am sure the OP will NOT be back for any kind of follow-up and no further chance to educate. Unless, of course, she is the type to also post her opinion of you, no holds barred, and she will then be slammed for being rude.
Why not try to educate now in case this person decides to navigate? It's never too late. Can you help this OP out with some information? I am certain that you have valuable information.
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Why not try to educate now in case this person decides to navigate? It's never too late. Can you help this OP out with some information? I am certain that you have valuable information.
It would depend on several factors and my best advice would be to contact a vet.

But jumping right on someone and telling them that if they are a backyard breeder they should run to the vet's office and have their bitch spayed, sure isn't very friendly nor very helpful.

I understand that the members of this forum are very much a pro spay/neuter bunch - IMHO, some of the members here come off like screaming lunatics any time someone mentions a problem with a puppy. Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
It would depend on several factors and my best advice would be to contact a vet.

But jumping right on someone and telling them that if they are a backyard breeder they should run to the vet's office and have their bitch spayed, sure isn't very friendly nor very helpful.

I understand that the members of this forum are very much a pro spay/neuter bunch - IMHO, some of the members here come off like screaming lunatics any time someone mentions a problem with a puppy. Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
I have to say that you have always been one of my favourite reads. I have to also tell you that at times you do come out pretty aggressive in your beliefs as well. If anything, I did not read the post by Rainbow as a screaming lunatic. Infact, since you are aware that most of us are dealing daily with a downhill battle of unwanted, abandoned abused animals, one would think that you would understand why certain 'undesireable' things may poop out of someone's mouth per say.

So everyone agrees that the OP should see a vet. Great advice.
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
I have nearly left this forum for this exact reason. And I have left other forums because of it.

I find the newbies always get treated the worst because they have not accrued a large post count. But there are many of use who have wonderful things to contribute!

Thanks for bringing this point up i don't think it is a bad thing to have a reminder from time to time to keep us grounded.

Last edited by echoica; December 29th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM

thanks you guys! but the vet said that we had to put her down because that she had some birth defect with her stomach and we are getting the mother fixed. the other puppies are fine which good