Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Feline Neuter Spay

As usualu, I came on late after the thread was closed - and well it should have been - BUT I was soo shocked to read this that I had to respond!

I am still trying to get my head around the post by the person who opposed neutering and spaying by comparing it to why do not neuter our children and what I want to say about that post is probably not printable - other than to say, OhMiGod, how ludicrous. I DO think of YY as my baby but she is a furbaby. I am horrified that anyone could even begin to use that argument. Clearly, she knows nothing about demography not to mention that human babies (and her kittens are that) and furbabies of various breeds require very different care!!

YY was fertile at 4 months of agr - or thereabouts. Male kitties mature a little more slowly but we are syill looking at months! This is not at all like the human child who grows up and matures and through education and reasoning, makes hopefully educated choices. Cats do not have that option. They depend on us to help them. If they are feral, they live not very good lives and barn cats in partcular have serious problems. I cannot understand how somene who saw that suffering would want to contribute to it. It makes me so sad!!! I would urge her to not just read what we have written but to actually do ethical, non biased and informed research that shows her how to become a responsible pet "owner.". As Lucky says, no one can contain an intact Tom and these kitties - already living somewhere where their landlord does not want them - are already headed for trouble. (Someone will no doubt report the yowls and the smells later if it is in an apt).

The other question that bothers me is why would anyone NO help all of the cats? Take them to a cat rescue group? Trap them and find homes for them?
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

This is beating the dead horse, right?
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Yep it is - it is now more of a rant for me. I honestly find it haerd to belive there are people out there in the world who belive they are "god" pet companions and think the one that person did, sighhhhhhhhh It just frustrates me sooo!
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I totally agree with you, but this poster is obviously very irresponsible and ignorant when it comes to animals.
she has unaltered cats in a building that does not allow any pets.
she states she is with them "24/7" so I wonder how she supports them.
She also never answered my question, "what will she do when they start spraying".
she also states she brings her unaltered male cats, to her moms house who has unaltered female cats Now how irresponsible is that !!
She very much needs to get educated about animals, if she really cares at all about them, she should start reading and asking vets about the pros and cons of altering pets.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM
banned user

wow, I woulda thought that opening a thread in response to one that has been closed would be a no-no.
I tihnk the human baby argument she used was after I posted the comment: "The argument of 'the animal will live longer if spayed/neutered.. well, that applies to humans as well, gonna suggest we all get spayed/neutered? Doubt it! "
So I *think* that is why the OP went there with s/n huamn babies. Sorry bout that.
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Senior Contributor

I think we all agree that was outrageous and that is why I closed the thread. If you want to open a new topic about s/n in general, that's fine, but please do not re-open a closed discussion.

Thanks!!
Closed Thread