Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM

achc and ddkc... UGH

I just don't get it. Whe do these clubs exist and give the consumer the impression that they are buying a "pure" dog? I just don't get why you can find these dogs in the shelters and stuff but people think that buy getting them through a "breeder" that they are much better? I got in a huge argument today with someone at work today who said they were looking for a "bugg" breeder and I told them we have a "bugg" at the local shelter, and they were like well i don't know that they are a pure dog. I told them they wern't a pure dog to being with and just because they exist in some ficticious achc and ddkc registry dosn't make them a pure breed dog or any more healthy then a pure breed dog. But anyways I just feel like I am hitting my head against a wall here. I hate how perfectly fine dogs who are in the shelter are looked over because they aren't from a "breeder" and i use that term loosly. They are willing to pay 700$ for this dog when they could adopt a dog of the same breed for like 60$ from our shelter. I just feel that buy having these meaningless clubs it is adding fuel to the fire and byb can be like well it is a registered breed in the achc club which basically means jack. I am sure this has been said here a million times but I just can't stand some people ignorance. Shelter dogs and rescue dogs are not bad dogs.
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
-

what the hell is a BUGG ?

I know how you feel , some people still think because a dog ends up at the pound , it's because it's a "bad" dog. There is no "bad" dogs , only bad owners.

I am currently fostering one that was dumped at the pound , she's a pure Kelpie , I've never seen one here in Québec and yet , she ended up at the pound , after being kept for 2 years in a barn and then poisoned her sister didn't make it but Sienna did. Makes you wonder why people got this rare breed (rare here anyway) if they were going to treat them this way.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM

A bugg is a boston/pug cross or *hybrid* as they are now calling them. Basically expensive mutts. I am not against owning crosses or anything like that what I am against is that breeders are selling them for $$$$$ and giving them a fancy title when you can get dogs from the pound that are just as good if not better and most of the time they are already trained and wanting to please a loving family. Years ago they had these crosses at the pound and no one wanted them. Now for some reason they are designer dogs... I just wish that people would do more research when they think about getting dogs and edcuate themselves about byb.