Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old August 26th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Formerly known as Grover4

Changing again...

So as some of you may know, I have been having a lot of trouble with Spencer and his scratching. It has gotten so bad now that he is making himself bleed. I took him to the vet last night and he gave me some medication for him for 2 weeks and suggested some new diets. I have decided to change him to Eukanuba Response KO. It is a Kangaroo and Oatmeal diet. At least this way, I know that he has not had these ingredients before. What do you think of this food.

These are the ingredients:

Oat Flour, Kangaroo, Canola Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Fish Oil (preserved with Ethoxyquin), Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Cobalt Carbonate
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

SpanielLuver has had tremendous results with this food. Her dog is no longer deperately itchy and hyper.
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:15 PM
-

Give him nothing but this food for the next few weeks. If all is well you may want to start with pure meat treats, beef, chicken, etc. Only do one at a time. If he is ok with one move to the next. If he shows any of the signs of allergy that you have seen with any one of these, you will know not to give him this. Once the meats are covered you can start with the grains. The allergy can even be to preservatives.
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Foxy's Canine Companions

Update Kangaroo and Oatmeal

I tried my dog back on Lamb and Rice to see what would happen and she is panting and scratching and driving me nuts. Back to the Kangaroo and Oatmeal, it wasnt a fluke. I can tell within in 1 hour of changing her food, it makes that much of a difference.
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Keep us posted

Grover4, Halo has severe allergies and I'm always looking for a new diet it seems. Keep us posted how this goes we may look that way too. I have to say I am always careful of something with "animal fat" as that could be poultry fat and Halo reacts badly to poultry meat and fat as well.
Old September 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Foxy's Canine Companions

Just put Maddie back on the Kangaroo and Oatmeal. Man, what a difference. I now know I cannot change this at all. I've put all 4 dogs on it. I imagine I'm going to have to get a 2nd job now to support this given the price of it for 4 dogs, lol.