Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old August 9th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Czarina sleeping outside the kitchen

I thought it might be a good time to allow Czarina to be outside the kitchen over night. I'm still not going to allow her access to the apartment while I'm not here, but I think it might be a good time to start allowing her to roam around at night. More and more she keeps wanting to follow me out and getting past me before I close up the screen.

I locked things up downstairs and came up to bed. Oksana and Maks followed me up as usual and then Czarina followed, with Vlad after her and Kiska. Czarina is now on the bed with me sitting on a pillow. Vlad is the only one who is still up here. I don't want to alienate the others and have them stay away, but I have to begin to let her out to get them all used to each other a little more.

I'm hoping the others start to come up. But little queenie is still hissing at the others when they come near, and I don't want them to think they can't get on the bed because she's here.

Okay see, like just now. Vlad was behind her and she started to hiss and growl a bit. I gave her a few firm NO's and she jumped off the bed. She's playing with a toy squirrel now.

Maks just came up and he's laying on the rug, and Kiska just popped her head in. If she sees the others on the bed she might skip it and sleep in the closet. I wish I had some magic power to be able to just reason with them That would make things so much easier.

I'm going to be up for a bit. I'll see how things go.

ETA: Bah, I had to put her back in the kitchen. Again she jumped on the bed and cuddled next to me, but as soon as Vlad tried to come up, again with the hissing and growling. I just put her back. It's not fair for her to keep the others from the bed after they are all accustomed to sleeping on it with me and do so without giving each other any kind of grief.

Looks like she'll be in solitary over night for another few weeks. Oh well, we'll just keep on plugging away.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/

Last edited by ancientgirl; August 9th, 2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old August 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
border collie mama

your doing a great job with her! it will work out eventually since you do put so much time and effort in to it!
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks. I know eventually she will come to terms with the others. At least I know they have accepted her, she's just got to realize that on her own at some point.

I don't know if she associates my putting her away with unaccptable behavior or maybe she doesn't care. But when she does act badly I put her in the kitchen to chill out.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/