Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 4th, 2003, 10:03 PM

Unhappy Dealing with the loss of my dog

I had to put my dog down today because he had spindle cell sarcoma. The tumors started on his cheek to the point where they enveloped his eye and had broken through the fur and skin.
It is so hard to deal with. He was a border collie mix and of course his fur is everywhere. Does anyone else know of this type of cancer?
Old March 5th, 2003, 02:46 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, I think we all have been through this at some point. I really don't know what to say but I am sure you did the right thing.... it isn't fair to them to allow them to suffer. I have heard about a great site dedicated to pet loss support, I haven't been there but I have been told it is great. Check it out. http://www.mississaugapets.com/ I don't know anything about the type of cancer that you mentioned but you may be able to get more info at this site different conditions and problems are listed alphabetically, they are question (asked by pet owners) and answers (by a vet). Good luck.Vet Info
Old March 11th, 2003, 07:52 PM

Don't know about the cancer

but I put my 14 year oldsheltie cross down this morning. I really loved this dog, and she was a good girl right until the end. The emotional pain is unbelievable- I have never experienced anything like this before. I know it will get better, but right now it hurts a lot. Helps to share with others, especially those who understand. Hope you are doing better, but I think for both of us it will take some time.
Old March 12th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Unhappy So Sorry

to hear of your loss. I understand how you feel. I lost my eleven year old friend last year. I found it impossilbe to cope. The loss is incredible. However it does get easier. I did adopt a rescue dog a Dal. She is an excellent friend and take comfort that I saved a life. I think she actually saved mine.