Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Unhappy Diagnosed URi but...

Hi Vets,

Please I hope the consultants will bring this to a vet’s attention.

My 12-year-old male indoor neutered cat has been diagnosed with URI since May 2002. Since May 2002 until present April 2003 he has had such medications in order as prescribed. Clavomox, Orbax, Chlorpalm (liquid), Chlorpalm (tablet), NovoLexin and for the month of March he was on Baytril. The Baytril cleared up the thick brown/bloody discharge that he would sneeze out, and at times when be dripping from his nose.

He is still sneezing but it must be clear, as though are no brown discharge blobs anywhere at all. His sneezing has improved as far as the amount of times during the day by 90%. So he only has the 1 or 2 sneeze fits in a 24 hr period. He does still have a little bit of clear discharge coming from his right eye.

He has had an x-ray done to his skull but nothing was wrong. The reason for the x-ray is because the vet noticed a lump in his upper mouth on the right side, which is the same side that discharge would come from. The vet mentioned that nothing showed on the x-ray because it is soft tissue. The vet thinks the lump is growing but slowly, but then again this vet didn't know when it started so...

The other thing noticed was that the cat also had a loose tooth on his right side again. The vet mentioned that it is an upper tooth that doesn't effect the cats chewing, or biting of food. A very small useless tooth I guess.

So in summary the cat has been diagnosed with URI since May 2002, he is still sneezing minimally, no thick bloody discharge from right nostril, lump in his upper right mouth, loose upper right tooth, still has a little bit on/off off a weepy right eye, eat and drinks well, good personality, sleeps alot but he is 12.

If you require more detailed information like dates, etc. please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope you can help, my cat can't be the only one out there going through this.