Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old April 26th, 2006, 02:10 PM

charmin gone but not forgotten

this post is to my cat:

Charmin, i love you so much and it breaks my heart to have to let you go. I can still remember the day I got you. I was four years old, you were six weeks old and meowing so loud I told mom you were the one I wanted. I wanted to name you rainbow, kind of ironic huh (rainbow bridge), but we named you Charmin, like the toilet paper because you were so soft. We brought you home and you were mine. You slept with me, always sat in my lap, cuddled with me in the blankets....you spent my whole childhood with me and now me being 23 years old it is so hard to let you go. I've had you for 19 years! Ever since I can remember you have always been such a big part of my life. I keep expecting to see you curled up in your "holes" on my bed that you would burrow in. You always blended in with the blankets and slept with your head turned upside down. That always made me smile. Remember the "green chair" game, how you would always hide behind the chair and "get" me. And how you played hide-n-go-seek down the hall. Remember how you would always walk on my books and paper whenever I tried to study. And how much you hated Smokie. She misses you too, even though you never liked her. I can tell she is sad. I will miss you greeting me at the door whenever I come home and I will miss you sleeping with me every night. You would always push me over to the side and take up the whole bed. Remember how Kyle would tap you on the head with his drum sticks, you loved that for some weird reason. And when John would come over, you would purr so loud and make him pet you. You loved to rub your head on his shoes. I never knew why though. You loved to try to get outside. How many times did we have to search the neighborhood for you because you would run away, but we always found you. And when we would go on vacation, you would be so happy to see us when we got home and so excited. I will never get to feel your soft fur or have cat hair all over my clothes again. Such a silly thing to miss, huh. I will never get to smell your fur, it always smelled like cinnamon for some reason. I will never get to pet your cheeks, you loved that. You always seemed to know when I was upset, you would sit on my lap and purr and wag your tail.

I love you baby girl,so much and will miss you so much. I will always think about you. You were such a good cat and I am so sorry that you got sick so fast. I wish there was something that I could have done, but it was your time. So please never forget me and wait for me at that Rainbow Bridge for one day I will see you again. Always remember how much you were loved and how much a part of this family you were. We are all going to miss you. Have fun wherever you are and eat as much tuna and grass and drink as much milk as you want! Say hi to Duffy and Scooter for me!

Love always and forever,
Mandi (sissy)
Old April 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Mandikt,what a wonderful tribute to Charmin,you have me in tears:sad:
Sorry for your loss,it is a really great loss and we miss them very much,but Charmin is at peace:love:
Old April 27th, 2006, 09:14 AM

I am so sorry

Mandi,
I am so very sorry for your loss. Nineteen years is a long time to have a sweet friend such as Charmin and then to just lose her is terribly heartbreaking. I am at work and in tears over your tribute to her, so I just wanted to give you my condolences. You will see her one day so please find comfort in that.
Mahealani
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM

thank you both for such nice words. it is so very hard and literally hurts my heart. who knew losing a pet could cause so much heartache. she was a wonderful cat...i will miss her so much.....
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM

I'm sorry for your loss

Hi Mandi,

I was surfing this section of site when I recognized your name...you posted in the intro section, saying how beautiful my Ludwig's eyes were.

My cats are young and I already can't imagine my life without them. It's wonderful that Charmin and you grew up together; what a beautiful gift. My sincere condoleances dear Mandi.
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:45 PM

thank you very much, it's definately getting easier over the weeks, but i still miss my kitty. it's so important to enjoy their time here on earth and cherish their great personalities....