Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:56 AM

Need Your Good Vibes

Hey All!!

So this isnt usually how I go about things, or at least I didnt really ever think it would help but I am at a serious loss right now, and maybe, just maybe this will help.

I have been searching since 10 to 8 this morning, for my mothers 13year old Pom, he ran off at about 15 to 8 and Im really lost here.

I have spoken to ALL the neighbours and only one of them has seen our little guy. I am at a loss for what to do next, moms still out walking our roads, but if you could send a little good energy our way, I dont think it could hurt anything....

I'm desperate now, and I dont usually rely on the power of prayer, or good vibes or best wishes....but maybe it will help, and I could use all the help I can get...

Mother is completely upset...
And suggestions as to where a 13 year old pom would go?! Send it my way!!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh no! Lots of good vibes coming your way. Contact your animal control, shelters etc. Contact all vet clinics within your area.

Go to corner stores and other high human traffic areas. Post pictures and add 'Reward'.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

BenMax has given you great suggestions. Are you right in Huntsville?

Good luck

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM

Yeah we are in huntsville.

Ive been to ALL the neighbours, we dont have stores in our little subdivision, and its pretty far back from town, we dont THINK he could have gone all that far, unless someone picked him up I hope not my mother will be distraught, she already is....I'm super worried about him, he cant hear, and he is so OLD ...eek

I called our shelter, and OH BOY am I ever displeased with them at the moment...They dont OPEN UNTIL 12 PM!!!! I mean sure, its GREAT that they are no-kill, but COME ONE how many pets could be adopted out between 8 am and 12 pm?!! REALLY!

I left them a message....
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
-

Shelters have to clean all of the animal quarters before they open to the public.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Shelters have to clean all of the animal quarters before they open to the public.
Not to mention volunteer run - so you never know who will be there and who will not.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

What about animal control? I have picked up two dogs off the side of the road and called animal control immediately in both instances just incase somebody was looking for their pups.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Not to mention volunteer run - so you never know who will be there and who will not.
You got that right BenMax, I'm sure if the public were allowed in before clean-up, they would definately get the ewwww factor.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM

I get that the shelter needs to clean up lol, they used to open earlier, Im just frustrated...only ONE neighbour saw our little guy....Now its the waiting game, for the shelter and for the dog, he isnt anywhere to be seen. We are worried that maybe someone has seen him and isnt telling us....

I dont know what animal control is like around here, I am going to try to get ahold of the shelter again in a half an hour, and see what they suggest..

I am also going to make up signs, but I dont have a picture of Pudgy I know....how can I not, but he is my moms dog and all my pictures are stored away on disks and I cant find them!! Oh what a day! Im not sure what Im going to do....hmmm
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm a softy

i know how u feel! Trust me i thought i would be the last person on earth to lose a dog, but right after we moved my lab left the yard. We have a fence that goes all the way around, not jurt the back and the gate was open, someone picked her up 5 mins later sniffiing a tree in front of our house. They took her home and called me in tie a.m.

Maybe someone found her already and was worried so took her to try and find you. Do you have a pound? Call animal control, and all vets, here we can call the radio station and they will announce it, can you try that? Someone probably has her to keep her safe, keep looking, you will find her! Does she have tags, tatton, microchip?
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
I'm a softy

Last edited by lUvMyLaB<3; October 2nd, 2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: my phone posted it twice..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:17 AM

He isnt chipped or tagged. Our vet told us that because he was so old he wouldnt need tags. Our afterthought to get them done aparently came too late. We cant find him anywhere! We intended to tag the dogs here in town, but with rent and groceries and everything this month things have been a little too tight for tags. I feel like a real dweeb right now let me tell you!!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
I'm a softy

A vet said that?? Whoa... Someone have the link??? The Humane Society Of Canada will send you tags for free! My dogs are chipped, but it was the the tag that got her back to me so fast, before going to the pound to be scanned. You fill a form out online and they will send as many as you want, I got 7, and they arrived in about 2 weeks.. Something to think about.

I keep popping in looking for updates, I truly hope the old girl is found soon, have you called all the vets? is there anyone working on roads or construction around you that have been outside since and maybe saw her? She has not been gone too long, so cannot be that far, maybe she is hiding somewhere?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM

I am just waiting for calls now, or neighbours to drop in. I feel like a real dweeb, but I cant find him anywhere, and Ive roamed the entire street and the ones connected.

Everyone is telling me that he probably climbed into the bushes to die! How heartless a thing to say right? Im so upset right now, I dont even know what to do.

You can get tags for free? Everywhere I look it costs an arm and a leg, maybe im a little dense, but I thought you had to register for tags, and pay for registry.

Yeah, my vet, and the SPCA told me that I didnt need to tag my pets, where we lived before, it sounded a little fishy to me, but its been a REALLY hard year for my mom and i with my dad going and getting himself a girlfriend, and leaving us a little destitute, I had to 3 of my dogs because of all the drama.

This year SEEMED to be getting better, now that mom and I moved, but now with Pudgie going missing, its looking a little glum again. I visited EVERY house on my road and the joining road, I searched the bushes....gosh, I really am lost here...If the dogs ever went missing at our old house it was a straight line, and you could see them as soon as you crested the hill...This place seems a little unforgiving surrounded by people I dont know, and dirty hills in the back yard...
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm a softy

yeah, they have an i.d number and a toll free phone number on one side, and on the other the pets name and your phone number, they will mail as many as you want for free, quick too, I will try to find the link..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm a softy

http://www.humanesociety.com/pets/pe...very-team.html

there it is!!! its easy to do, I cannot believe that someone involved in rescuing wandering animals would tell someone that they shouldn't put tags on their animals, making a reunion easier.. who would tell someone that they don't have to i.d their animals... Maybe they meant legaly where you lived you didn't have to?? anyway hope that link helps! good luck agaiN!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:05 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about this . I'm certain that you will find her! I'm sending you positive energy and my prays are with you and your mother right now. It's such a horrible experience to endure but I've got to believe that there still are wonderful people out there and that one will find her and return her to a shelter.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM

So we serached high and low again tonight, and still no sign of Pudgey, all we can hope is that someone has given him a warm place for the night, because its really cold. Thanks so much for the Prayers and good vibes sent our way, we really appreciate it!

I still didnt get ahold out our HS though, and it bothers me that they arent answering their phones even during open hours, but maybe today was a busy adoption day (one can hope right?!). We are hopeing tonight.

On a more positive note, one of our little midget rescue kittens is going to its forever home tonight We are very happy, she will have two (Spayed) friends to be comfortable with in her new home Very happy, now we are hopeing for the other two haha.

Prayers are out for Pudgey, we are keeping our hopes up....someone has to have picked him up....
Old October 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Mickey, my angel

I guess you still haven't found Pudgey. Just sending that you will find him soon.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009
Old October 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM

Gee, sorry about your Pom. I found ine in the bushes this summer while exercising my dogs but not long after I spotted an ad on a post for a lost Pom. It gave a phone no. so I called immediately. Seems the little thing just decided to wander and never had before. The people were in tears by the time I drove him home, they were so grateful that he had been found. Try posting a picture with your ad on every post and mail box. Maybe someone thought he was homelss and took him in.
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Ive been absent, sorry.

We still havent had any news of Pudgey, and my mother is just lost. Went for a hike through the bushes yesterday, up in behind my place, and a couple places beside me, looked under houses too.

As much as this is a horrible situation though, I did get a rather amusing story from my hike in the forest, because not only did my sister and I get lost, but we ended up carrying and kicking a 30 pound rock for 1.5 km back here because my mother would really like it. I figure I will throw this story in the off topic section though.

I alerted all my neighbours already, and I have come up with a few who are a little fishy, and the radio, and the vets and the shelter, and every one of my friends I could get ahold of, by now the entire town of Huntsville is on the lookout for a small, blonde, toothless pomeranian lol.

I AM SO ANGRY WITH MYSELF, I dont have ANY pictures of him, how HORRIBLE is that?! Well I suppose I should say that I dont have any pictures HERE in our new place, and all my pictures are saved onto discs that got lost in transmission to the new place, and I am NOT impressed that they went missing, because EVERYTHING was labled. I just wish that the box with my books (greatly treasured to me, because I LOVE to read and never ever get rid of books) had gone missing rather than that box. I would give up my soul to please my mother, and I cant, because I cant find her dog...
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:44 PM
-

Don't know if anyone has already suggested this but you can also post it on Facebook.

Being a little dog , I'm pretty sure someone took him in
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM

Can you put his blanket/bed out on the porch? Might help him to follow the scent home

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM

I facebooked it, his favorite blanket/bed happens to be my mothers bed, and Im afraid she doesnt want to sleep on the porch. Im going out tomorrow morning, and I am determined to find him, I will search EVERYwhere mother is getting upset more and more. So I just have to know what happened....I had some tips tonight, and I am going tomorrow to check out a house that Pudgey was already at.
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:54 PM

Did you move recently? Often dogs try to "go back home".

Old October 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM

Yeah we moved at the beginning of septemper. my mom was wondering if thats maybe what Pudgie tried to do..
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Put up posters in the old neighbourhood & ask around to some of your ex-neighbours especially the ones who would know what Pudgie looks like to keep an eye out for him. The same with a favorite walking route in the old neighbourhood.

Old October 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM

He wouldnt ever make it to our old home...not with his hips as bad as they are.
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM

Lyrical44, Just wanted to let you know I am sending good vibes and prayers your way. I hope you find your moms doggie. I can't imagine what your going through. P.S. Here's a hug too.
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM

Thank you so much, you dont know how much I appreciate the advice and good vibes you guys have provided me with. I am really glad I joined this forum.