Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Cpietra thank you for taking the kittie, and also for giving the woman piece of mind that her son won't harm this poor animal, but maybe you might want to call your local agency on aging to check out the home situation. If he is being this cruel, it isn't a huge leap to him possibly being emotionally or physically abusing to his elderly mother... he sounds like a real

In Memory: Spot, Reese, Scrunk, and Nikki - always in my heart
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Senior Contributor

What a precious girl. Bless you for trying to help her. I pray you find someone who will give her a home.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

"I just found out that "she" is a He" and his name is Bailey. He is neutered and has all his shots. He is pretty friendly and not sure why he bit the guys hand, but I picked him up without even a hiss. He is a big cat and seems to like to purr when in the mood...so any takers....
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

How is he with other cats and dogs?

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Senior Contributor

he is good with dogs and cats...he's already on my bed
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Kitty pimp

ahh an angel best of luck
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Contributor

You know, this is just an idea but I wonder if there would be any nursing homes that would be willing to take him. I've heard of lots of places (including the one that my neighbour's parents ended up living in) that have a cat. Many of the residents used to have a pet of their own and miss having them around, and considering that this cat is a senior himself and used to keeping company with a senior lady it might be a good fit. Just a thought.

I'd be a little worried about the lady living with her son as well. If he's already bullying her into getting rid of her cat, threatening the cat like that, who knows how he'll end up treating her.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Senior Contributor

We know our pets are very intuitive. Bailey likely felt that this woman's son was a total jerk, no doubt that's why he bit him. Also, lord knows what the guy was trying to do to the poor cat, and biting him may have just been a defensive move.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Senior Contributor

He is a beautiful old boyhe melts someones heartso he can live out his life with love and care.
At 17 yrs old a shelter probably is not a good place for him,who adopts a 17yr old kitty??
I am so sorry for you cpietra,you certainly have enough already,but I am glad the old boy is safe for now

As for the SPCA,my first instinct was to write them and cancel my donations,however the OSPCA is a good organization,but they don't have control over all their affiliates.

If the son got bitten(hopefully it gets infected)it was more than likely because he grabbed the cat.

Smithduke,I NEVER call a cruel,nasty person an ANIMAL,a monster is a better word,no animal is cruel like some humans,they simply fight to survive.
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfurlove View Post
Sorry this is kinda off topic...but I think the info posted was about ONE specific SPCA shelter in Quebec, no? ASPCA is completely different, not that I am sticking up for them, I dont know what methods they use, just pointing out that not every SPCA in North America is affiliated with each other. There are also OSPCA shelters in Ontario, again, completely different organization. Just wanted to clear that up
Thank you for specifying this...holy crow! Every SPCA runs differently. Also note that SPCAs and shelters may vary in the way they euthanize.

Again - thank you for making this point! Please don't stop donating to SPCAs and shelters - donations are what makes changes - so don't base one on another.
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Thank you for specifying this...holy crow! Every SPCA runs differently. Also note that SPCAs and shelters may vary in the way they euthanize.

Again - thank you for making this point! Please don't stop donating to SPCAs and shelters - donations are what makes changes - so don't base one on another.
Regardless on how an SPCA or shelter euthanizes - it's just not a good environment to do so. Please never take animals there to be PTS - it really is not fair to them. It should be done without stress and I really don't care what anyone says - shelters are not places where animals are to be put down - they are there to try and place them. Sorry .
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
BenMax,would not a healthy cat who is about to be killed warrant a rescue from your place,that to me is worse than being sick:sad:
Indeed but I was unaware that there was a death threat made. I have to be very honest with you and tell you that rescues are completely full right now as are shelters and SPCAs. Moving season is here and animals are being dumped left, right and center. Re-homing is almost impossible at this point. Infact, it's so bad that I ended up having to adopt my foster cat to make room for another. Certainly was not my intention however had to make room somehow.

I contacted some cat rescues I know and they as well are full - this attempt was even made as far as Ontario.
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Senior Contributor

I can pretty much guess why he bit the guy !! I want to bite the creep too. I'm so glad the poor cat is out of there. I hope you find the most loving home for this poor boy.

You're a doll for doing this !
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,I understand,I've heard all about moving-season in Montreal,it's just so darn sad:sad:
We have a town-house complex across the street from me,often students will rent short-term and have a cat/kitten for fun,guess who gets left behind??
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
BenMax,I understand,I've heard all about moving-season in Montreal,it's just so darn sad:sad:
We have a town-house complex across the street from me,often students will rent short-term and have a cat/kitten for fun,guess who gets left behind??
Cats are abandoned far more than dogs. For whatever reason they seem to have less 'value'. Three weeks ago we got our 1st of the year - moved and left the dog behind in the apartment. Adopted to a loving FOREVER home since.

Crazy darn world we live in. Just 2 weeks ago, I got 4 black kittens under age - oh yes it's been a real treat! Sorry off topic! Sorry.
Old June 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I only wish I could help this fella. :sad: It seems my hands are slightly full though. I pray you find his forever soon. Thank you for everything you do.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Senior Contributor

here are more pictures of Bailey.....
Attached Images

Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful cat. Did you ask cat rescues to couresty post perhaps??? Just a thought.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Contributor

yes I did..I hope someone might want this gentle giant..he's very sweet...and loves to sleep with you..
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

cpietra,he looks a little like my stray,but of course he seems in worse shape than Bailey:sad:
someone can help you with this pretty boy
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:22 AM

He's adorable got cute markings the purrfect someone comes along soon

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying