Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old March 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Roxys mom and 2 babies!!

Cant believe i am posting here,but 2 kittens passed over the weekend,and i also found out saturday that roxys mom was found in the spot where we found kittens and she was deceased,mangers wife found her and said she didnt see any visible injuries when her husband picked her up she had a little blood around her mouth,he thinks she maybe ate poison or something,cant cry anymore,pretty upset because i feel like i should of checked back there for her and maybe could of gotten her to a vet.Never crossed my mind she might be injured and laying right under our noses,now i know why she didnt take care of babies.Pretty upsetting.Other 3 kittens are doing ok,posting pictures of them in photo section.Rest in Peace little guys and mom..Sorry i didnt look for you..
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:42 PM
-

I'm so sorry Heidiho , that is the harsh life of feral cats, thanks to human stupidity. :sad: You did everything you could and more, don't blame yourself, it has nothing to do with you.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

How very sad, at least someone is mourning her. Frenchy is so right, ferals have it bad everywhere, even in Hawaii.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Heidiho, how very sad for you. At least you saved sweet Roxy and a bit of her mom lives on thanks to you.

RIP mom and babies.
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Contributor

What i am trying to stop thinking is that she went back there to die,and if i would of found her maybe i could of saved her,i just hope she didnt lay there and slowly fade away in pain..Here are the babies when they were 5.I just found out our camera can be hooked up to computer,wil get wire today,.cause i have alot of better pictures of the babies,
Attached Images

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Live well, laugh often

Aww Heidi, you did a great thing just by caring so much about her and her babies. So sorry for your loss :sad: . Rest in peace momma cat and beautiful babies .
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks,hard to believe she is gone,at least she is in a better place,the people caring for the 3 thinks they will be ok and make it.To hard to write about.
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh no Heidi,I know momma cats will take care of their kittens no matter how sick she feels and that's probably why she died right there,looking for her kittens:sad:
She could have been hit by a car and had internal injuries,but no matter what,she would have crawled back to her babies.
It's sad but you are certainly not to blame,like someone said,it's the often very short life of a feral cat.:sad:
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico2-That is also what they said maybe she had internal injuries cause of the blood by mouth,and that kills me to that she went to where her babies were to die,i just have to try and not think about "what if" because it is to hard,it never crossed my mind to even go back there and i have to not think that way,.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Heidiho, there is nothing more you could do. Just think about the kitties. Momma cat is with her other young ones now, all safe and sound. Don't kill yourself over this. Besides, she may not have gone back iof she sensed your were around...RIP sweet momma:sad:
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree,as hard as it is for you to think of her,she is at peace now,gone to be with her babies
Her remaining babies are the ones who now need all the help they can get
When you had Damien,I never thought of you as someone caring about cats,but I think you are hooked now
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

There's no understanding these things Heidiho, but don't beat your self up they are in a better place now.

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Kitty Consort

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear this, how sad and upset you must be.:sad:
You did all you could for these poor little dears. It's a cruel world, sometimes isnt it.. but these little ones are now free of any struggles or pain.
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you.At this point i dont think i am gonna go over there to see them until they are a little older,it is just to much,which was pointed out to me by someone here,which shows me i must be getting to overwhelmed by all of it,cause for someone that hasnt met me,it must show alot.And i am glad they pointed it out.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Contributor

The kitten that i was thinking of taking,the one that would scratch his eye w/paw has passed,i think it was thursday they said,2 left,i hope they survive.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww Heidi,that's sooo sad:sad: poor little babies:sad:
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry Heidiho, I know how delicate life can be for those little ones. I had a some babies once. They were taken away from the mom when they barely opened their eyes. The vets thought I was nuts. They said they would all eventually die. I was feeding them ever 2 hours for days...I only lost one:sad: I know how you feel
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:24 PM
-

Heidiho, I do not know how I missed this thread. I am so sorry about momma but like was already said the life of a feral is indeed sad. :sad: And, then the two babies and now the one you were considering taking. You have done everything possible that anyone could have and, my deepest condolences go out to you.
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Remembering Lukka

So sorry heidiho. I just saw this thread also. Poor little kittens and mommy.
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

The lady said she cant take much more(meaning emotionaly) i know i could not have,these last 2 have to make it,we wanted to bring one to our house to see how roxy would react,but i am not 100 % sure that they couldnt give something to her if they had any kind of illness!! Could they??
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

I too missed this thread. im so very sorry Heidiho. you did the very best you could. they are in a peaceful loving place now and at least she will find three of her kitten where she is. Momma and kittens.
the other two are going to be fine!
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I too am sorry to hear of the news about mama but don't blame yourself!! I do believe if she had any life left in her - no matter how sick, she would have tried to care for those babies!! It is the instinct of mama cats who could teach many human moms a thing or too (spoken in my professional capacity - I see great ones but some I wonder way too much about and worry about the children!). Not so with mother cats except very unusual circumstances!!

So don't be hard on yourself. Celebrate her short life and be happy that you saved the kittens you did!! That in and of itself is a wonderful credit to you and your personality!!

Take care!!!!!!
Ands the kits are sooooooooooo cute!!!!!
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Senior Contributor

I am trying not to get to involved..I just let it really get to me and i dont know how to not let it..I really liked that little guy,at least they are together,and she doesnt have to live that rough life anymore.
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Heidiho..I am so sorry for this loss...but you are an angel for caring ! It is a sad thing but sometimes there is a reason! I am not so sure I would bring the kittens home to Roxy just yet! They need to get strong and build up their system as well....All in good time..!!

Good Luck

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks,i honestly dont even know if i want another,well i probably would of tried w/ the little one w/ the eye issues.But i dont know,roxy seems pretty ok w/ her life,so i will keep it as a thought .......
Attached Images

Old March 27th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Queen

:sad: I'm sorry, that is just too sad.

Old April 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Senior Contributor

: A sad ending to the whole situation,the other kittens did not make it,i have been staying away from their place cause i really didnt know if i wanted to find out if they were ok or not,well i saw the manager Erin sunday and he told me they were gone,i couldnt believe it,iasked how his wife was,he didnt say but told me one of them died in his palms,i then saw his wife later and she absolutley would not discuss it,so at least they are all together,i just cant believe a whole family wiped out like that,which will lead me to my new thread....
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Such a sad ending.
I'm so sorry.

Cindy
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

little family. they are all together now. :sad:
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Heidi,so sorry..but I believe most of us expected it to happen,it's not easy nurturing newborn kittens/puppies:sad:
little babies:sad: