Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM

I think is a case where the owner needs to spayed and muzzled

This is long.....today my poor Jake (Rottie) was attacked by my new neighbour's pitty for the 5th time in my yard. I have signed all the petitions and called and emailed mp's etc against the ban, and I truly believe in this case it is the owner at fault. The dog is poked and kicked and hit by this woman's 6 kids (boys), he is never taken for walks, he is outside on a 10 foot rope when he is not running free, because he escaped. He is not fixed and she claims the appt is made hmmmmm for about 2 months now. I have 2 dogs that I run morning and night and when Jake needs to pee he goes out on a 200 foot line we don't have a fence, but with the line he has the run of the back yard. The one time he came she sent her 5 year old to retrieve the dog....can you imagine what shape the kid would be in if he got between a pitty and and a rotty. In this case I am glad that Jake is on the line because we can pull him away and lure the pitty away. I am sure with some obediance training this dog would be alright but I am sure he will bite someone or attack a smaller dog. The sad thing he is one of 3 that she has none of them trained. And just as a side note the kids have BB guns and my cat came home with a BB hole in him. I am not sure what to do. I have called our animal control but I haven't seen her come around yet. I am nervous about taking the dogs out around here and I don't hink i should be. Thanks for reading my rant any suggestions would be appreciated. And by the way 3 of the attacks were when we were outside with Jake.
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM

What a terrible situation!!! Wow.

When you find your cat, I would suggest you report them to the police and advise the mother you are doing so. I would keep the kitty indoors until this is all settled. It's simply not safe for her outside..

And I would also suggest youy scrounge a ton of pennies and get a strong fence installed.

good luck...
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:04 PM

I am sorry this happened!! This is very sad because the mix is such (no training, kids, abuse, neglect multiple dogs) that there will eventually be a more serious incident. You might want to call Animal Control and/or Police
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

file

Keep a record of every single incidence. If your dog gets a scrape from this dog, take a picture of it. Report every single thing to animal control. Keep pestering until this dog is removed from the situation. The dog is far better off being pts in a shelter at the end of august than living the life he is currently living. He may get lucky and one of the rescue groups will be able to pick him up. Particuliarly if they have a heads up that he is heading to AC.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

this is happening to you! You must keep calling animal control/services and bug the hell out of them until they come out and investigate the situation. Unfortunately, this lady has until August to have her dogs registered and fixed - if they aren't done so already. If her dogs get loose after the ban is in effect, then she may lose them for good if this keeps happening.

Obviously, if she can't control her kids, she shouldn't have pets.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM

I agree but since the KIDS are SHOOTING your cat, you should call the police.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:29 PM

I decided to call the police.

The brats were toting (sp) the guns again and now shooting at passing cars. I feel sick about the dogs but as you suggested maybe they will end up in the shelter and someone responsible will adopt them. The police have had numerous complaints about these ppl so they are comming out to warn them. I guess the only thing they can do is fine them for a dog running at large. Nothing can be done about the the BB guns until they do something serious......I guess a hole in the kitty isn't serious enough. Sad :sad:
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

That's Terrible!

That is so terrible! And the bad thing is that the breed of dogs involved will be all anyone is concerned with - not the abuse, neglect, etc! That makes me so mad! I would certainly call the police - the attacks may get worse and you'll want to have previous reports in place in case anything major happens.

We had a neighbor who would never put his Great Dane on a leash and let him run loose through the neighborhood. This dog was very aggressive and would trap my mom and attack her in the garage if he was loose when she got home from work. He tried to attack me one morning while I was walking to the bus stop. He grabbed the edge of my coat and started dragging me for his yard My mom had just let one of our dogs out to pee and he must've heard me yelling. He came running and tried to attack the dane, but the dane got hold of him and almost ripped his ear off. I have to say that it was the one and only time that I have ever kicked a dog. I kicked and kicked trying to get him to let go of my dog. The owner finally came out of his house and helped me get his dog off of mine. My dad warned the guy that if his dog was on our property and attacked anyone of us ever again, he would shoot it. My dad loved all dogs and would never want to do one harm, but the neighbor continued to let that dog run loose. My dad had heard somewhere that if you cut off the top of a 22 bullet, it will hurt but won't penetrate. My mom took to carrying that gun back and forth to the garage with her (she is 5 ft tall and weighs 90 lbs soaking wet - the dane was at least 150 lbs). She ended up shooting the dog the next time it tried to attack her and not only did the bullet penetrate, it killed the dog. She felt so bad that she bought the neighbor's a new great dane puppy.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

I would still call animal services as well as the police! The more authority involved, the better. Shooting a cat with a BB gun is animal CRUELTY!!!! Keep bugging them(animal control). They hardly ever come out right away when you call them. It takes them a day or two . Insist someone comes out to investigate and if they don't........tell them you'll call the New PL and have this made public!!
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

I have to admit...

we sure seem to have our share of hillbilly dog owners here in London. I had to put up a $5000.00 fence to keep my neighbours' dog out of my yard for the same thing. Called ACC, went to court twice, called the police, you name it! Is it just co-inky-dink that this is happening to you AND you live in London, just like me???? I wonder.......
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Den-Den was attacked last July by two (of six) neighbor dogs that came through the fence. He came so close to being killed! I became the Gladys Kravitz (the nosy neighbor from "Alf") from hell! Per Animal Control's instructions, I made a complaint every time I saw more than two dogs in the yard. The people moved out and the property owner was left with some pretty hefty fines. You gotta do what you gotta do to protect your own pets.