Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:07 PM
banned user

Walmart Photo Center

All of these artsy photos got me thinkin... I have tons of pics on my computer and no printer that would suffice printing anything quality, so I was wondering what you guys think of the Walmart Photo Center? You can upload your pics online and then go and pick them up, I think that's how it works.
Has anyone done it??
4x6 prints are only .19$... that is the cheapest I've ever seen!

You guys have walmart in canada right?? lol
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM

I get mine put onto CD at walmart. I send them away though because the CD is higher resolution. I don't have a problem with walmart photolabs (I worked at 2 in my youth), but don't develop anything there in the summer. THey have too many films to process and the machines don't get enough attention, and maintenance. The risk of losing your film is huge compared to October through May....
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:24 AM
cat slave

eeep!!

i can't send you where i wanted cos you're not in Canada :'(

I'm picky about my art...yes every picture i take is art.I've taken photos to walmart and i was not pleased. Appart from not printing all of them...they all had a weird tint. They were black and white but there should be a setting that allows them to be printed BW and not blue or green. I've had them redone twice after which i gave up

They are cheap prints but that's all you're gonna get....cheap.I'm sure they're good pictures and they deserve good printing. Shop around I say.

For all you Canada crazy mommies who take LOTS of piccies of your furries and shinnies lol....if you have this in your province...go to FORTINOS PHOTO LAB!!..

here's the secret....I've worked for a year for Black's photo....Astral in Quebec....and all that time i got nagged at about how Black's has the best photo lab and nobody else has that.
WRONG!! Fortinos photo labs have luckily updated to that SAME Fuji photo lab machine Black's has. and they charge LESS. 3.99 for 8x10 compared to 9.99. Good quality.

i think that Photolab.ca delivers to the States...and that's the website for the Fortinos photo lab i mentioned above.

well now that my good deed to the world is done and i've revealed the secret...MWAHHAH .....

I hope you find a good place to print your photos good luck fellow photographer
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Loblaws has an affordable print lab too. They always give really good prints in a timely fashion...but I guess they don't have a Loblaws chain in the US right?

Future Shop does a mail order processing which is apparently good...I've never used it myself but I would think they would be worth the money.
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:41 AM

I send my digitals to the superstore here in NB. They have great quality. They also shipped the pictures to you or you can pick them up and pay for them. Just had a look and low and behold, the site I upload them to is photolab.ca. My mom had some pictures done at Wal-Mart and I found the quality of them very poor compared to the ones I got done through photolabs.ca.
Mac - 1yr cat
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Let me get this straight. I send my fabulous digital pics over the internet to photolab.ca and they send me prints in the mail? Wow. My printer is hopeless, it can crank out a reasonable FOUND or ADOPT ME poster but no good for anything you'd want to keep.
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM

yep that is right, we hardly every use our printer now. The kids use to to print pictures off the net to color and that is about it. It is cheaper to send your pictures somewhere to print them to pay for the ink for your printer, plus you won't get as good of quality from your own printer.
Mac - 1yr cat
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM
<-----nut ball

Honeybee, that's not true.

We bought a photoprinter in December, and it's amazing. We have printed over 100 pics (full 8.5X11) and not had to replace the inks at all. Plus, photo paper is so cheap now (you can get 100 5X7 at best buy for $12).

We have the Epson Stylus Photo R300. At little more expensive, but worth it. It has 6 ink cartridges, and each is only about $14 to replace, so you only replace one as you need it. Also, our printer can print right on printable CD's!

If I need something bigger or different than my printer can do, I go to Henry's camera store (where I got my digital camera) and they do prints cheap there.
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

You know what? I wouldn't bother with photolabs.

I just got a new printer that prints photos wonderfully. It was 99$ here in Canada and no doubt less in the US.

It's a Canon Pixma2000 and it's fabulous.
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Senior Contributor

That's an amazing price, Lucky. You have to buy the special paper, right?
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes, it's a great price! A few years ago it would have been close to 300$! You can also get the Canon Pixma1500 for 79$

The great thing about the FutureShop web store is that you order it online, there are no shipping charges and it's at your door in a day or two.

Here's the one I got. You can also check out the cost of photo paper,which you must have.
Future shop
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:30 PM
banned user

Lucky, that doesn't sound too bad... I'd like to get a digital camera first... one that won't break the bank.
For now we're going to try the Walmart way, we uploaded over 30 pics with an 8x10 and it only came to 6$ or so.