Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I think we should all hug and kiss a little more,cats,dogs,people and whatever comes our way,we would be sooo much happier for it
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

i kiss my babyboo all the time, they say the most sensitive place to kiss a dog is under the eye, i kiss everywhere. if you ask for a kiss she will come over and put her head down and wait, soo cute. and if you tell her she is a cuddly dog she will put her head in your chest and stay there for as long as you like. but not on the mouth, her breath is really bad these days . and i dont share my food with anyone, they only get scraps or part of my meal after i have finished, specially not an icecream
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:27 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGoodburn
I don't kiss all of mine, the dog wouldn't sit still long enough, and if he did, I'm pretty sure he would sneak one himself and that is yuck considering he used to eat his own poop!

someone else said the statement above, but just think of the crap people eat, Mcdonalds , burger king, and all the other fast food. I don't mind getting kisses from my dog at all.
Ya, I said that... I eat fast food myself occasionally, you may call it garbage, but it's not poop no matter which way you look at it!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM

When they tested children's water bottles for bacteria they found fecal cauliforms... So ya, it can be like eating your own poop...
Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:29 PM

Quote:
ooooh this is off topic too but is the exersaucer the one that was banned not too long ago? A couple of my aunts had those for their kids and I thought they were awesome, if that is what you are talking about... (and if you have no stairs)
No, I think the walkers were banned, well not really banned because they still sell them, but they are not recommended because baby can get around and pull things off on their heads or fall down the stairs. The exersaucer is kinda like a walker, without the wheels, so baby can't actually go anywhere. It has a lot of gadgets on it for him to play with and he can jump up and down in it.

Here he is in it.
Attached Images

Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:30 PM

You can see the whole thing in the back ground here. Off topic, I know, but...
Attached Images

Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM

Looks like it keeps a baby happy!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM

Yeah, sometimes, but only if Mommy is right next to him. He is going through the separation anxiety stage and I can't leave his sight without him screaming.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:39 PM

Prin:
Quote:
When they tested children's water bottles for bacteria they found fecal cauliforms... So ya, it can be like eating your own poop...
Children's water bottles? You mean like a bottle of Evian that a child has been drinking out of? Ewww. Was it the inside or the outside of the bottle? I know kids can be gross. They pick their noses and their butts and never give a thought to washing their hands.

Also, to Sneaky, about the McDonalds thing, you might not consider it poop, but you never know what you're eating in a restaurant. I once saw a restaurant worker in the restroom leave the stall and walk out without washing her hands. I know that probably happens a lot, and also they will drop stuff on the floor and serve it anyway. What if someone stepped in dog poop that morning before coming to work? Gross, I know, but something to think about. Or not, most of us probably don't want to think about that.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I kiss Den-Den all the time. Puss-Puss, too, got kisses. I don't even think about it most of the time, just constant little smooches as I'm cuddling him. Usually, it around the face, between the eyes (he'll close his) and on his nose. We have this game when I'm in the bedroom and my hubby is watching TV in the living room. If he's with me, I'll say "Go give Papa some kiss-kiss!" He'll get excited and run to the living room and up into his papa's lap and give him enthusiastic kisses. Then hubby will turn the tables and say "Go give Mama kiss-kiss!" and back he'll come at top speed to deliver mine. He goes back and forth several times until he gets his exuberance worked off. Sometimes he'll manage a quick lick on the mouth and hits his bulls-eye with his tongue and we'll laugh and say "Den-Den gives the creeeammmiest kisses in town!"
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Children's water bottles? You mean like a bottle of Evian that a child has been drinking out of? Ewww. Was it the inside or the outside of the bottle?
Mostly in the water but all around the bottle too. The study decided that if you rinse the disposable bottles, the bacteria stay and if you wash the bottles properly, the plastic breaks down and releases harmful chemicals in the water... Best just to throw them out...

What are the stats? Aren't they like 1 in 4 women wash their hands after using the bathroom? It's amazing sometimes that our dogs lick US!!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

My guys always get kisses on the head. I do try to avoid some of Valentin's return kisses. French kisses from a German dog (with butt breath) yuck. But I guess "human breath" can be yucky to them too.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
cat slave

yes My guinea piggy and I cuddle and i pet her and she likes to be kissed on her ears LOL and after i do she licks my face to kiss me back

and who says animals have no feelings?? let me at 'em!!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:18 PM
2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parrot

My hubby and I kiss EVERYBODY !!... actually my hubby grosses me out sometimes when Petey (our schnoodle) licks him like mad on his lips!!! I love blowing rasberries on our dachshound's bellys... I would do it to Petey but the noise upsets him for some reason !?! Our parrot LOVES getting and giving kisses!! He even makes the smacking sound!! Our cat gets kisses but just on the top of her nose and cheeks... unless hubby is getting lip-licked by her too.... EEEWWWwwww!

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man
--Mark Twain
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Senior Contributor

i recently read a journal artical about the myth of carcenogenic chemicals being released from washed plastic bottles, its just a myth and one i would imagine put out by coca cola or similar, it boosts their sales.

if a water bottle is washed out with soapy water, rinsed in hot water and air dried there is no bacteria and the plastic does not break down (the same article (i think it was New Scientist journal) also conducted tests on cleaned bottles and found the method of cleaning above is great. most houshold items that contain bacteria can be cleaned and air dried to remove said bacteria., i am currently drinking from a 8 month old bottle that is cleaned regularly as above and it is still in tact and not degrading at all. those sort of myths are just for marketing purposes and dont help the environment at all.

so clean your bottles and recycle them, oh and most childrens hands contain fecal coliforms from not being washed properly, as do many swimming pools, childrens rides, seats and the list goes on., that is where most gastro comes from round here, crap on the kids hands and they touch your stuff.

PS- it has been proven that one of the dirties parts on the human body is the mouth, hmmmm food for thought.
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM

there'smy girl getting kisses from me, it is really hard to give her isses when she is playing, but when she is calm, or feeling down, she just comes up to you and stands in front of your face until you give her a whole bunch of kisses,and then happy she lays down.
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:16 AM

oops, forgot the picture
Attached Images

Old April 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Lots of kissing going on here.
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM

Riley gets a kiss on the head when we have bunny snuggles. Grissom gets (and gives!) lots of kisses on his head and back and gets the occasional zrbrt on his tummy.
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM

Kissing

I kiss ALL my dogs!! Chopper likes kisses on his head, Fawnzie likes his naked little tummy kissed and Mocha gets kisses smack on the lips! LOL Might gross some of you out but I like kissing my pets. I've kissed horses too!

I also kiss my foster dogs!

Old April 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

We kiss and hug our babies. We have taught them when we say give kissess they will come up and give you a kiss. They are so sweet. Now Chino he is a licker and he wants to lick all the time so most of all our family and friends have gotten a french kiss by Chino. LOL Him and his tongue.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Pollito, your baby is enjoying her kiss thoroughly! Great pix!
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahlia what a cutey you got there. Love those chubby cheeks!!!
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
if a water bottle is washed out with soapy water, rinsed in hot water and air dried there is no bacteria and the plastic does not break down (the same article (i think it was New Scientist journal) also conducted tests on cleaned bottles and found the method of cleaning above is great. most houshold items that contain bacteria can be cleaned and air dried to remove said bacteria., i am currently drinking from a 8 month old bottle that is cleaned regularly as above and it is still in tact and not degrading at all. those sort of myths are just for marketing purposes and dont help the environment at all.
It wasn't a water or coke company that put out the study. And I believe it is true- it all depends on the type of plastic. If you look at nalgene containers, they are a totally different type of plastic than evian bottles or any other bottled-water bottle. Nalgenes are plastic type 7, I think (it's hard to read on mine) and water bottles, if I remember correctly are 2. Have you ever left a regular water bottle in a car in the summer? Wait till it gets hot and taste the water. ALL you will taste is plastic. The water can't taste like plastic if the plastic doesn't degrade. So if you want to wash them properly, use nalgene bottles (or another company that guarantees that you can put boiling water in their bottles).

Anyway, back to kissin' doggies.

Last edited by Prin; April 4th, 2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Has got it going on

Here's me mauling Sadie :
Attached Images

Old April 4th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Referring to the water bottles breaking down, just washing them with soapy water and air drying them should not break them down, but chlorine weakens plastic, so if you wash them with bleach or put them in the dishwasher it might cause the plastic to break down.
Old April 4th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Awww, Sadie is adorable!!!
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww,that's soo sweet :love:
Having worked at a"Landmark of fine dining"there are a few things I never eat at a restaurant,having seen how some things are handled and this place was a fine dining establishment:Coleslaw,soup,any kind of stew,macaronisalads etc,etc....anything where too many hands and ingredients are involved.
I rather lick my kitties face any time
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:34 AM

i kiss my male dog, Mugs, on the top of the head when i go out to feed him in the morning (that's right, happycats, he lives outside.). i do bring him in the house when it's freezing outside, so that must mean i care about him. anyways, he only recently started kissing my cheek, when he was still living in the house, he would kiss hands until they were dripping with drool. My female dog, Téya, knows what to do when i ask "can i hab a kiss?" yes, i actually say "hab". she's a very kissy dog, and i kiss her back. nothing wrong with it, except when she was younger, she liked cat poop.
Old April 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM

I kiss the side of Diamond's muzzle all the time! It's really hard to do cause she always wants to kiss back!!!! (she slobbers too much though!!)